The goal of the Texas 4-H Food Show is to provide an opportunity for 4-H contestants to highlight their culinary skills while also improving their presentation and interview skills. More than 120,000 youth participate in the 4-H Food & Nutrition Project where they learn to prepare nutritious and safe meals and adopt behaviors that can help reduce their risk for chronic disease.
• Develop healthy eating habits to reduce the risk of chronic disease.
• Develop food preparation, safety, and nutrition skills.
• Provide leadership and public speaking opportunities.
• Provide opportunities for participants to connect MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines to their
• Learn about nutrients and the health benefits they provide to your body