2017 TEXAS 4-H OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIPS
Texas 4-H awards 225 scholarships for students – all you need is 4-H experience, financial need, and your academic record. The scholarship awards range from $1,000-$20,000.
There is a scholarship category for most everyone, including:
- Baccalaureate Scholarship: For students interested in a four-year degree.
- Technical Certification: For students interested in joining the workforce soon after finishing high school. Some 4-H approved examples are vocational nursing, veterinary technology, and electrical design technology. More 4-H approved vocational programs are listed on page 5 of the Opportunity Scholarship Application and Guideline page.
- Courageous Heart: For students who continued school and 4-H during hardship.
- Collegiate Scholarships: For former 4-H students currently attending a college or university. You will need at least 30 hours of college credit and a GPA of 2.7 to apply. For the first three scholarship types, you will follow the same application instructions and process. When you submit your application, 4-H will determine all of the scholarships that you are eligible for. The collegiate scholarship has its own application.
How to get Started:
- Review the application and submission guidelines for baccalaureate, technical, and courageous heart. The guidelines will list the requirements for each scholarship type, such as GPA and SAT scores.
- Review samples of example applications.
- Choose the type of scholarship you want to apply for – baccalaureate, technical, or courageous heart. You will note your scholarship type at the top of your application.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application and submit the student aid report with your 4-H scholarship application. We have prepared a
- Download and complete an application.
- Submit your completed application and FAFSA student aid report to our local county office.
Scholarship applications can be found on the Texas 4-H website https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/scholarships/
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO RACHEL BERRY BY JANUARY 23, 2017!!!