The Wharton County 4-H Parent and Adult Leaders Association is composed of registered volunteer 4-H leaders who meet and work together to improve and enhance opportunities available to 4-H members. Be a part of this exciting team where the parents and leaders come together from all the various clubs in the county to discuss how to best help out our 4-H’ers in our program. All registered volunteers are welcome to come to help lead us into the future.
These volunteer leaders:
* Are dedicated to the well-being and development of youth.
* Assume direct responsibilities in working with youth.
* Believe in a helping relationship between youth and adults.
* Seek to improve their own abilities in working with youth.
Any interested registered volunteer 4-H leader may belong to the association. All 4-H leaders within the county are invited to association meetings. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the Wharton County Extension Office.
The County 4-H Adult Leaders’ Association serves volunteer 4-H leaders. Leaders exchange ideas, discuss mutual concerns and help each other. Parents and leaders also help with annual fundraising for the Wharton County 4-H Budget and help in all aspects of volunteerism within the 4-H organization. Association meetings provide leaders with information about 4-H and working with youth. Club managers are asked to attend to keep their club updated on activities and opportunities as well as plan activities and events. It is a time of learning, sharing and fellowship.
Objections of the organization are as follows:
- To stimulate the development of the 4-H adult leader education programs with guidance from the County Extension Staff of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- To interpret and clarify the purpose and image of 4-H
- To stimulate the participation of adult leaders representing the 4-H clubs and maintain a strong communication between the local clubs within the county
- To represent all 4-H members, parents and adult leaders on concerns in order to promote and strengthen the 4-H club program
- To more fully recognize, utilize and develop the talents of all leaders in expanding and strengthening 4-H club work in the county
- To cooperate with the Wharton County 4-H Council in planning, implementing and evaluating 4-H events and activities with emphasis on leadership development and self-esteem of all county youth.
- To assist in the development of resources to support the 4-H program and to encourage participation of county 4-H members
2019-2020 Parent and Adult Leaders Association Officers
|Vice President||Shannon Coldeway|
Meeting starts promptly at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting dates are as follows (subject to change):
|2021 MEETING DATES|
|January 5, 2021|
|February 2, 2021|
|March 2, 2021|
|April 6, 2021|
|May 4, 2021 – ELECTIONS|
Officers are elected at the May meeting each year. If you are interested in becoming an officer for the Parent and Adult Leaders Association please call the Wharton County Extension Office for more information.