Questions from Tiffany’s Desk: Where Can I Get Those Agritourism Act Signs?

Question:  Where can I get those Agritourism Act signs?


Since the Texas Agritourism Act was passed by the Legislature back in 2015, I’ve been traveling the state talking to landowners about the limited liability protections this statute offers to them. [Click here for more background on this statute.]

One way to receive this limited liability is for a landowner to hang up a specific Texas Agritourism Act sign on his or her property.  The sign must be hung at a place clearly visible at or near where the agritourism activity occurs and must contain the following language:  WARNING: UNDER TEXAS LAW (CHAPTER 75A, CIVIL PRACTICE AND REMEDIES CODE), AN AGRITOURISM ENTITY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY TO OR DEATH OF AN AGRITOURISM PARTICIPANT RESULTING FROM AN AGRITOURISM ACTIVITY.

At least once a week, I get a phone call or an email with someone asking where he or she can obtain one of these signs.

Landowners can certainly make their own signs, but there are a number of organizations here in Texas that sell these signs and links or contact information for how to order your own:

  • Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association (click here).
  • Texas Farm Bureau (click here).
  • Texas Wildlife Association (call TWA at 1-800-839-9453).
  • Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers Association (email or call 325-655-7388).
  • South Texans’ Property Rights Association (click here or call 361-348-3020).

The Texas Agritourism Act is an important statute  of which Texas landowners should be aware.  Anyone conducting a recreational or educational activity on rural land should take time to study up on the statutory provisions and should consider obtaining and hanging one of these signs.  This is a small step up front that could protect from major liability down the road!


Comments are closed.