It is that time again for graduating seniors to start applying for college and filling out scholarships! Seniors need to apply for their colleges/universities NOW! Acceptance for some schools will come as early as November. It is better on a scholarship to have been accepted already to a school. So apply NOW for school!
Scholarships are also starting to come open and ready for applications. Make sure and watch the newsletter and the Bell County 4-H Website for those scholarship application deadlines. It is always being updated with new scholarships and deadlines.
Texas 4-H Foundation Opportunity Scholarship Program
2021 TEXAS 4-H AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
We are thrilled to announce that the 2021 Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship Program applications will open this Friday, November 1st. We have implemented a new platform that will host our application submission process as well as manage scholars through the life cycle of their scholarship. Applicants will no longer submit their application through 4-H CONNECT or by paper/mail.
Please see documents below that I hope you find helpful. They include deadlines, updates, and instructions on how to apply. There have been no changes to the criteria required of the applicant, only the way the applicant applies. Please review these attachments so that you are aware of these changes.
How to apply: Go to the texas4hfoundation.org website and click “Scholarships” then select the type of scholarship you are interested in (i.e. Baccalaureate, Technical, Courageous Heart or Collegiate). There will be an “Apply” button on each of the pages that will take you to the new Texas 4-H Foundation Scholarship Portal. You will then create a profile. Additional instructions on how to apply are available on each of the scholarship pages.
We have received some feedback on the new application process and have made a couple of updates.
- Applicants must have their application reviewed by their CEA and have their CEA complete the CEA Verification Form. The applicant will need to upload this form with their application. The form is available to print from the Foundation website under the “Apply” button on the Scholarship page or from within their application.
- Applicants now have the option to upload a pdf document for responses that are better suited in a table format.
Here is the 2021 scholarship timeline:
Application Opens: November 1, 2021
Application Deadline: February 15, 2021
Interview Notifications: April 2021
Interviews: April 23-25, 2021
Texas 4-H Roundup: June 8 – 11, 2021
Additional rules and guidelines are available on the Texas 4-H Foundation website: texas4hfoundation.org under the Scholarships tab.
You must complete your FAFSA (The Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before submitting your application!
This is required for Baccalaureate, Technical, and Courageous Heart scholarships. You can do this at: http://www.fafsa.gov/
You must complete this before mid-December!! If you wait, you may not have in time to get the FAFSA paperwork submitted and receive the SAR report before the Texas 4-H Opportunity Scholarship application deadline! Without this you will not be able to apply!
This is a required document to be attached to the application. In order to make sure that they get the FAFSA SAR Report back in time, IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO COMPLETE THE FAFSA BEFORE December 1st using your last filed tax return information!!!
Baccalaureate Scholarships – For students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from an accredited Texas College or University.
Technical Certification Scholarships – For students who wish to pursue technical certification in a recognized and approved major/course of study.
Collegiate Scholarships – Designated for former Texas 4-H members who have been graduated from high school for at least one year (at time of awarding), and completed a minimum of 30 hours of college credit at a grade point average of at least 2.7 Some collegiate scholarships contain other award criteria.
Courageous Heart Scholarships – Scholarships awarded to Texas 4-H members pursuing either a Baccalaureate or Technical degree that have overcome extreme obstacles related to medical, family, and/or education and remained an active member in both 4-H and school.
See the requirements related to each of these scholarships.
Bell County 4-H Scholarship
Bell County 4-H is excited to release the 2021 Bell County 4-H Scholarship Application. Application deadline in Bell County Extension Office (not postmarked) by March 5, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in Bell County 4-H.
- Applicants must have completed at least 3 years as a 4-H member in Bell County.
- Applicants must be a graduating Senior of a Bell County high school or equivalent and attend college, vocational, or technical school in the 2021 fall semester.
- Applicants must complete application and essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application must be typed, font no smaller than 12 pt. Essay must be typed, double spaced, font no smaller than 12 pt. and two pages maximum.
- Applicants must have applied to an accredited university, college or technical school. Any major is acceptable.
- Sealed high school transcript/scholastic record must be attached to the application.
- Application must include two (2) letters of recommendations. Letters cannot be from family members.
- Must stay in within the space allotted.
2021 Bell County 4-H Scholarship– PDF Fillable
District 8 TAE4-HA Scholarship
District 8 TAE4-HA is happy to release the 2021 D8 TAE4-HA Scholarship Application.
- Due May 21, 2021
- District 8 4-H members who do not receive a 4-H Foundation Scholarship are eligible to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee. All decisions are final.
- Applications must be complete in order to be accepted.
- This scholarship is available to 4-H members who plan to attend college, university, or technical school in Texas OR out-of-state.
- Please make sure to upload your official transcript & 2 letters of recommendation. (Letters of recommendation will need to be saved as one file)
Bell County Youth Fair Scholarship
Please click the link below to access the 2021 application, the application MUST be TYPED.
- Applications are due April 12, 2021. For scholarship consideration, you must:
- Be a high school senior for 2020-2021.
- Be a participant of the 2021 Bell County Youth Fair and Livestock Show, plus have participated in the fair a minimum of one other year.
- Be eligible to attend a two or four year college, university or technical school as a full time student (12 hours per semester) for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Complete a copy of the scholarship application form (available online at: https://agrilife.org/bellctyyouthfair) and submit it to the Bell County Extension Office, Attn: BCYF Scholarship Program, 1605 N. Main, Belton, TX 76513 by April 12, 2021. Any applications received after 5:00 p.m. April 12, 2021 will not be considered.
2021 BCYF Scholarship Application PDF – BCYFScholarshipApp2021
2021 BCYF Scholarship Application Word Document – BCYFScholarshipApp2021Form
Texas Extension Education Association Scholarship
1. Postmarked on or before February 12, submit to the county AgriLife Extension office in a manila envelope:
- Envelope labeled with the applicant’s name and county.
- Only a black and white copy of Texas 4-H Recordbook from the previous year’s Texas 4-H Recordbook judging deadline of August 31 accepted.
- Official high school transcript with ACT and/or SAT scores included.
- Completed TEEA 4-H Scholarship Application.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a county Extension agent or 4-H club manager and one from a teacher, employer, or community leader (not a relative).
2. If the applicant wants these materials returned, include a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope and letter of request.
In addition to the TEEA requirements, Bell County Extension Education Association requests you to provide the following:
- Provide an extra official transcript
- Provide an essay that covers the following topics:
- Why do you think you should be considered for a TEEA Scholarship?
- How can you benefit from a TEEA Scholarship?
- Complete the table on the next page.
All the new items will be placed in the envelope like the other items for judging.
Postmarked on or before February 12, submit to the county AgriLife Extension office in a manila envelope
State Fair of Texas Scholarship
Youth Livestock Scholarships
Eligible high school seniors should note that these scholarships are for in-state schools only. No out-of-state scholarships are offered by the State Fair of Texas.
Established in 1992, the State Fair of Texas Scholarship Program has awarded approximately $3 million in new and renewed scholarships. The fund is open to eligible high school seniors from around the state who participate in State Fair livestock shows. Yearly renewals may be awarded to students who exhibit high scholastic achievement. A cumulative 3.0 college GPA is the minimum standard for a renewal. Renewals will not be made for more than four years total or past undergraduate graduation.
Click here to fill out an application – Due by February 1, 2021.
Capital Farm Credit Scholarship
One $1,000 one-time scholarship awarded to an individual from Bell, Coryell, Falls and Milam County.
Capital Farm Credit supports rural communities and agriculture with reliable, consistent credit and financial services. And because a steady flow of credit means more jobs and economic growth, Capital Farm Credit is also helping invest in the vibrancy of communities throughout rural Texas through our scholarship program.
Scholarships are awarded using the following eligibility requirements:
- Funds shall be used to attend an accredited vocational or technical school, college or university. Student must maintain full time status.
- Applicants must be seniors, graduating within the current school year.
- Currently has no less than a “B” grade average
- Applicant must demonstrate that they have a tentative educational plan and goals, related to fields in agriculture, education, or natural resources (may include Ag Communications, Ag Economics/Business, Ag Education, Wildlife or Ranch Management, Education, etc.).
- Applicants must include the following documents for consideration: (Please send all documents together)
- Completed application
- 1-2 letters of recommendation
- 100-200 word essay on topic given in application
- Local newspaper Information (name, address, phone number)
6. Applications and all supporting documents must be received by March 15, 2021.
a. No late submissions will be accepted.
b. The guidance counselor of each scholarship winner will be notified.
Mail or Hand-Deliver to:
CFC Scholarship Committee
2115 Bird Creek Terrace
Temple, TX 76502
San Angelo Livestock Show Scholarship
- Member of 4-H, FFA or FHA
- Resident of Texas
- Must be or have been a participant of San Angelo Stock Show
- Satisfactorily complete the requirements for a high school diploma in the spring of the current year OR for renewal recipients satisfactorily completed the previous semester(s) of college with an overall grade point average of 2.5
- Be accepted to a Texas vocational/technical school or accredited Texas college or university OR for renewal recipients, be enrolled in a Texas vocational/technical school or accredited Texas college or university.
- Enroll for a minimum of 12 hours.Meet the minimum requirements for the educational institution of their choice if graduating from high school this year.
- Renewal applicants must submit fall grades by January 15thto receive funding for the spring semester and July 15thto receive funding for the fall semester. Reports received after these dates will result in loss of funding for the semester.
- Applicant must have taken either the ACT or SAT to be eligible.
- Application deadline is April 1, 2021
Scholarships must be claimed within one year of high school graduation or the scholarship will be forfeited.
To obtain application contact: San Angelo Stock Show Foundation Scholarship Committee200 West 43rdStreetSan Angelo, Texas 76903 (325)653-7785www.sanangelorodeo.comor e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart O’ Texas Fair Livestock Show Scholarship
- Official high school transcript (to include SAT or ACT score, GPA and Class Rank
- A recommendation letter from your principal or counselor
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (other than family members)
- A one-page essay with 1) reasons why you qualify for this scholarship or 2) what accomplishments make you believe you are a good investment for receiving our scholarship
Houston Livestock Show Exhibitor & Go Texan Scholarship
Apply for both!
Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements in order to be eligible for a Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo scholarship.
- Be a U.S. citizen and Texas resident.
- Graduating high school senior from eligible school
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid available October 2019.
Below you will find the guidelines and application for the 2020 Blackland Income Growth Scholarship. Applications must be postmarked by Monday, November 9, 2020 and mailed to the District 8 office in Stephenville.
- There will be ten (10) Blackland Income Growth scholarships awarded for the amount of $1000 each.
- There will be one (1) Scott Felton Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded for the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agribusiness. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- There will be one (1) Ronald C. Woolley Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded for the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agriculture. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- The same application will be used for both scholarships.
- Recipients will not be eligible to receive one of the above-mentioned scholarships.
- Please review the first two pages of the attached guidelines for the specific eligibility requirements and dates. The recipients must attend the BIG Conference on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 in Waco to receive the scholarship award.
- BIG Scholarship Committee has decided to waive the ACT/SAT requirements for this year.
The guidelines and application are posted on the BIG page at the following link:
Helpful Links for Graduating High School Students:
- Texas 4-H Scholarship Website
- “Student Savings: The Ultimate Scholarship Resource Guide”-http://www.shopsleuth.com/resources/scholarship-guide