“Where The FUN Begins!!!”
Clover Kids is a FUN 4-H program for children in kindergarten
through second grade. Children participate in hands-on activities
designed to build lots of different life skills!
The purpose of the 4-H Clover Kids Program is to help youth learn social skills, reinforce formal school programs through informal, non-competitive experiential projects and activities, develop self-esteem and build family strengths.
The goal is to promote children’s positive development through cooperative learning and developmentally appropriate activities.
Clover Kids are youth who are eligible to enroll in Kindergarten on September 1st of the current 4-H year and have not entered the 3rd grade on September 1.
Clover Kids will sign up on Texas 4-H Connect (v2.4honline.com). $10 membership fee.
Community / Project Clubs
Any chartered 4-H Club may organize a “4-H Clover Kids” group within their club. Contact a Bell County 4-H Community Club or Project Club to find out if they have a Clover Kids group within their club. A list of clubs is on pages 4 and 5 of the Bell County 4-H Family Handbook. Clover Kids attend regular 4-H Club meetings just like other 4-H members, they are part of the 4-H Club in all aspects. Clover Kids are not eligible to serve as a club or county officer.
County Clover Kids Group
The Bell County 4-H Clover Kids Group is not affiliated with a specific community club or project club. It is a group designed just for Clover Kids. This group focuses on youth in Kindergarten up to 2nd grade and prepares them for their adventures as a 4-H member. The group offers a variety of cooperative hands-on experiences to assist children in becoming competent, confident, connected, contributing, and caring citizens with character. Project leader is Dawn Brown, email@example.com.
Clover Kids Meeting Dates for 2023-2024
Location to be announced via email
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18 – Will be meeting at the Bethel Church – Gym in Temple.
- January 20
- February 5-7 – Bell County Youth Fair Peewee Showmanship
- February 17 – Clover Kids Fair
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15 – Summer Camp
- July 12 – Clover Kids Recordbook Deadline
TBA – Clover Kids Cupcake Decorating Workshop
For more information, contact Dawn Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Leaders – Clover Kids are always looking for 4-H members to hel pthem with their meetings and events. This is a great opportunity to earn youth leadership experience. If you would liek to help with a meeting or event, please email Dawn Brown at email@example.com
- Programs – if you are interested in providing a “hands on” program for the Bell County Clover Kids group, please contact Dawn Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell County 4-H has several 4-H projects that Clover Kids can participate in, such as:
- Food and Nutrition
- Share the Fun
- Public Speaking
- Clothing and Textiles
- Educational Presentation
- Consumer Decision Making
- Healthy Lifestyle Education
- Companion Animals
Emphasis is on providing project-related learning experiences and forms of recognition which are age appropriate and based on current youth development research. Projects are restricted to those mentioned above which the youth can, by themselves, understand, manage and care for and for which the youth can master the associated subject matter knowledge. Projects for Clover Kids ARE NOT to be entered into competition in traditional 4-H program events and activites reserved for the 8 to 18 age group. Projects may be exhibited at an appropriate Extension approved 4-H Clover Kids event. In presentations and exhibits, Clover Kids will be presented particpation awards only, with recognition based upon completeing and exhibiting the product or skill. No judging or placing shall be permitted.
Clover Kids Recordbook
A 4-H Clover Kids Recordbook is a written history of a Clover Kid’s journey through out the 4-H year. Keeping a recordbook is part of the overall 4-H experiences. It also helps a Clover Kid make future plans (goals), learn organization, helps them to make decisions and remember to have fun while they learn.
Completing a 4-H Clover Kids Recordbook can make a Clover Kid feel good about themselves. As a Clover Kid grows in 4-H, documenting what they have done is an important step to future endeavors. Everything that is documented now, can be used when a Clover Kid turns into a bonafide 4-H member. Recordbooks will not be judged, but reviewed for content. Clover Kids will receive special recognition and an award of completion at the annual Bell County 4-H Awards and Recognition Banquet in August.
Bell County 4-H Clover Kid Fair
Clover Kids are not eligible to show at the Bell County Youth Fair. For this reason, we offer the Clover Kids Fair. At the Clover Kids Fair, they will be able to show off any of their projects that they have completed throughout the year. This is not a competitive event, all Clover Kids who participate will receive a participation ribbon.
The Clover Kids Fair is an event for “budding” 4-H members in Kindergarten through 2nd grade. This fair is designed for Clover Kids to show what they can do and is a great opportunity for them to
experience how to prepare for future fairs.
Saturday, February 17, 2024
Time and Location – TBA
Entry form deadline is Friday, December 1, 2023
– All Clover Kids must be enrolled in Bell County 4-H on 4-H Connect to participate.
– This is not a competitive event.
– Each Clover Kids will receive a participation ribbon.
– There is no entry fee.
For questions, contact Dawn Brown at email@example.com
Clover Kids Fair Flyer
Bell County Youth Fair – PeeWee Showmanship
Cadence Bank Center
301 West Loop 121, Belton, TX 76513
(Formerly Bell County Expo Center)
- PeeWees may only show Lambs, Goats and Swine
- A parent / legal guardian must be ring side the entire time during PeeWee Showmanship.
- Only animals previously entered and exhibited in the BCYF will be used for PeeWee Showmanship.
- Ages – 2nd grade and below / younger will be allowed to show in PeeWee Showmanship.
- Only a BCYF exhibitor is to assist PeeWee exhibitors in the ring.
MONDAY, FEB. 5, 2024
◦ 10:00am Judge Market Swine
◦ Peewee showmanship is at the conclusion of the market swine showmanship.
TUESDAY, FEB. 6, 2024
◦ 1:00pm Judge Breeding Goats /Market Goats.
◦ Peewee goat showmanship will be at the conclusion of the market goat showmanship.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 7, 2024
◦ 1:00pm Judge Breeding Sheep and Market Lambs.
◦ Peewee lamb showmanship will be at the conclusion of the market lamb showmanship.
For questions, contact the Bell County Youth Fair Coordinator Cheri O’Braden at firstname.lastname@example.org