Steps to Enroll and Participate in 4-H:
- Read 2017-2018 Family Handbook-Determine Club(s) and Project Interests
- Enroll Online– Please see below for instructions and more details.
- Attend your Club Meetings
- Read 4-H Newsletter
- Read Weekly Email Updates (Must be enrolled on 4-H Connect to receive updates)
- Attend 4-H Project Activities/Contests
For the 2017-2018 year, enrollment will be completed by enrolling online. There will also be a 4-H participation fee of $20 (if completed before October 31st) and $25 starting November 1st.
Attention 4-H member that live OUTSIDE of Bell County!
There is a new form to complete if a youth / family plans to participate in 4-H in a county where they don’t reside. To be clear, our goal is to have youth participate in the county where the family resides. However, if there are certain circumstances where they need to enroll in an adjacent county, the Transfer Membership Form must be completed and submitted to the appropriate individuals
The “Membership Transfer Form” will be reviewed and agreed upon by the Extension Agents in the two counties, the District 4-H Specialist, District Extension Administrator, Associate Director for County
Operations, and the Texas 4-H Youth Development Program Director.
The form must be submitted a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to membership transfer. If approved, the transfer agreement is good only for the current 4-H year and must be submitted for approval annually.
4-H members must represent the county in which they are enrolled and approved for all 4-H competitions, events, and activities.
Please handle this matter as soon as possible if it pertains to you. Please contact Sheryl Raley, if you have any questions.
Documents to help with Enrollment on 4-H Connect:
- Welcome to Texas 4-H and the new 4-H Year
- New Family/Member Enrollment
- Reenrolling A Member
- Forgot a Family Account Password
- Add a Credit Card
- Delete a credit card
- Enroll Here
- Transfer Membership Form 16-17
If you are unable to pay for 4-H membership or are having a tough time this year, the Bell County Extension Education Association (EEA) has provided limited funds to help 4-H members pay for the membership fees. Please see the application for requirements and deadlines: BELL EEA 4-H Scholarship Assistance
Bell County Youth Fair Enrollment and Requirements to Participate
Below are the new changes regarding BCYF. Please make sure you have a sign in sheet at each meeting and announce to all members to sign in before, during, and after the meeting.
- The BCYF has a NEW website in which everything will be posted including the new fair book, entry forms, superintendent’s names and phone numbers, score sheets, and other information: http://agrilife.org/bellctyyouthfair/
- You MUST attend 2 meetings to participate in the BCYF. You MUST sign in on the sign in sheets for it to count.
- 2 meetings will be allowed from August 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017 this year. No meetings will be allowed in January to use for the 2 meeting rule.
- All 4-H members MUST be enrolled by December 1, 2017 to participate in the BCYF. However, the fee will go up after October 31st so do it quickly.