Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Target pick-up will begin in the scoring building approximately 30 minutes before the match begins.
- Contestants should check-in approximately 30 minutes before scheduled start time.
- The contestants scheduled for the afternoon should arrive approximately 1 hour before their scheduled shooting time in case relays run faster.
- The Competitive Rifle Match Shooting will begin at 9:00am. (Shooting times will be staggered)
- The Provisional Light Rifle Match will begin after the first round of the Competitive Rifle Match begins.
A more detailed shoot schedule will be distributed after receiving entries.
- $10 per contestant per event
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
There will be three (3) age divisions (Junior, Intermediate, and Senior) in the District 8 4-H Rifle Match as listed below.
|A 4-H member’s age division determined by his or her school grade on August 31, 2018 and is as follows:|
|Junior||3, 4, or 5||*Must be at least 8 years old|
|Intermediate||6, 7, or 8|
|Senior||9, 10, 11, or 12||*Must not be older than 18 years old|
Only Senior aged members may advance to the state qualifying competition at Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match in June.
Competitive Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
We will be using the Orion Scoring System for the Competitive Rifle Match.
Orion Indoor 50-foot rifle target. It is similar in design to the USA-50 (NRA-50) target. The scoring rings are equivalent to the ISSF 50m rifle target reduced to 50ft. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=4).
Light Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Light Rifle Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
NEW!!! The Orion 50-foot Light Rifle 6 Bull Target will be used. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (https://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=59).
Targets will be scored after each relay has completed the course of fire using the Orion Electronic Scoring System. Scoring will be accomplished in the scoring office. Targets will be scored by hand pending if deemed necessary by County Extension Agents in the scoring office.
4-H members will shoot from 50 feet as listed below:
|Age Division||Position||Time||Number of shots||# of Targets||Shots per bull|
|Junior||Prone only||20 minutes||20 shots||2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Intermediate||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Senior||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|