Shooting Sports Coach Training
Shooting Sports Coach Training at the Texas 4-H Conference Center in Brownwood is open.
This training will start on 2pm – Friday, March 10th and conclude around 2pm- Saturday, March 11th.
- Training will start at 2PM on Friday (Check-In at 1PM) and will conclude Saturday at approximately 2PM.
- The registration fee covers the training and meals. On-site lodging available for additional fee.
- Participants must complete an online 4-H Green Injection Training; the link will be provided to registered participants.
- This online portion must be completed prior to arrival.
- Registration for this training is done through the Texas 4-H Conference Center website Texas 4-H Conference Center – Lake Brownwood, TX (tamu.edu), NOT 4-H Online
(BUT, participants MUST have an active profile as well)
- Registration will open on February 1 and will close on March 3rd (but fee will increase on February 18th).
- PLEASE NOTE:
In order to receive coach certification at the end of the training, the participant MUST have done the following:
- Attend ENTIRE Training (Start to Finish)
- Complete the Online Green Injection prior to training.
- Have an active profile in 4-H Online with approved background check.
There will be three (3) age divisions (Junior, Intermediate, and Senior) in the District 8 4-H Rifle Match as listed below.
|A 4-H member’s age division determined by his or her school grade on August 31, 2018 and is as follows:|
|Junior||3, 4, or 5||*Must be at least 8 years old|
|Intermediate||6, 7, or 8|
|Senior||9, 10, 11, or 12||*Must not be older than 18 years old|
Only Senior aged members may advance to the state qualifying competition at Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match in June.
Competitive Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
We will be using the Orion Scoring System for the Competitive Rifle Match.
Orion Indoor 50-foot rifle target. It is similar in design to the USA-50 (NRA-50) target. The scoring rings are equivalent to the ISSF 50m rifle target reduced to 50ft. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=4).
Light Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Light Rifle Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
NEW!!! The Orion 50-foot Light Rifle 6 Bull Target will be used. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (https://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=59).
Targets will be scored after each relay has completed the course of fire using the Orion Electronic Scoring System. Scoring will be accomplished in the scoring office. Targets will be scored by hand pending if deemed necessary by County Extension Agents in the scoring office.
4-H members will shoot from 50 feet as listed below:
|Age Division||Position||Time||Number of shots||# of Targets||Shots per bull|
|Junior||Prone only||20 minutes||20 shots||2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Intermediate||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Senior||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|