There are a lot of FCS Contests coming soon that have changed from Spring to Fall. Here are some important dates to remember for FCS (Consumer, Food and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles) Contests and Events!
Please NOTE some important changes!!!!
Consumer Decision Making- Contest to teach youth valuable skills when shopping. Clovers are welcome to participate.
- October 14 (TONIGHT): RESCHEDULED/CANCELED- There were many conflicts with other 4-H events tonight so we had to reschedule. Please see the weekly update on Friday, for that new date!
Duds to Dazzle- NEW!!! Competition for team members to repurpose/upcycle garments! This is only a district event so only Jr/Int and Seniors can participate. No clover kids.
- October 16: meeting and mock contest- CANCELED
- October 16: entry forms due to CEO- You can enter as an individual or a team. If you enter as an individual, we will try to put you with a team of other individuals or an incomplete team. To enter, please see our website: http://agrilifecdn.tamu.edu/bell4h/files/2010/07/Duds-to-Dazzle-Entry-Form-2014.pdf (We will schedule some practices after we see who enters!)
- November 18: District Contest- Bell County Expo
Fashion Show- Many different opportunities including sewing, buying, designing-clothes or storyboards. Clover Kids can participate in all Fashion Show components.
- October 17: County Fashion Show Entry Forms Due, CEO
- October 24th: County Fashion Show (Temple CAC) and Paperwork and Storyboards Due
- November 18th: District Fashion Show, Bell County Expo
For more information and Entry Forms please see the website: http://agrilife.org/bell4h/projects/clothing-and-textiles-project/
Food Challenge, Food Show, Nutrition Quiz Bowl- Food Challenge is a competition for team members to cook (like iron chef). Food Show is for Senior 4-H members-cook one item from home and are judged on nutrition and item made. Food Show is an individual event. Food Challenge is a team event and you must ONLY enter as a team. Clover Kids are welcome to participate in Food Challenge and can enter as individuals. Nutrition Quiz Bowl is a contest to test knowledge in nutrition, food safety, food preparation, etc. If interested, please contact Barbara Wood at: email@example.com (Nutrition Quiz Bowl-only a district contest, sorry no clover kids)
- October 20: County Food Show Entries Due, CEO
- November 1: County Food Show, 2pm-5pm, Location: County Extension Office
- December 10: District Food Show, 8am, Location: Expo
- March 1: Nutrition Quiz Bowl Contest, Waco
Bell County 4-H Facebook Pages:
One of Bell County 4-H’s past members, Danielle Fasolino, is coming to town soon with her ballet company!
The premier American professional Christian ballet company, Ballet Magnificat, will be presenting Hiding Place, the dramatic story of Corrie ten Boom, on October 24th at FBC Temple. Tickets available now for $10 each though the church office at 254-773-6866. Seating is limited.
Location: First Baptist Church
8015 West Adams Avenue
Temple, Texas 76502
Here is a glimpse of what to expect: www.balletmagnificat.com