(use before each burn to make sure everything is ready)
- Fire plan prepared?
- Prescribed burn notification plan completed and submitted to local fire department and division of forestry official (if in protection area)?
- Have all required notifications been made (fire dept, neighbors, etc)?
- Are all weather parameters met?
- Have all current and projected weather forecasts been obtained and are they favorable?
- Adequate personnel available for burn? Equipment operational and available?
- Smoke management guidelines met?
- Have all personnel been briefed on objectives, assignments, tactics, hazards and safety?
- In your opinion can the burn be conducted safely according to the fire plan and will the burn meet the planned objectives?
If the answer to all of these questions is YES, then proceed with burn. If the answer to any of these questions is NO, make corrections or plan the burn for another day.