Last minute calls
- Check fire weather and smoke forecast.
- Call Sheriff or local fire coordinator.
- Call DPS if smoke is predicted to cross hwy.
- Ignition Equipment
- First Aid kits
- Water for crew
- Check radios and review protocol
- Map for each member of the fire crew
- Fire unit and boundaries discussed
- Purpose of burn
- Anticipated fire and smoke behavior
- Review of equipment and troubleshooting
- Fire crew assignments and duties
- Fire unit hazards discussed
- Check crew qualifications
- Review methods of ignition, holding, communication
- Review contact with public and traffic concerns
- Location of vehicles, keys and combination to gates, nearest phones, etc.
- Location of back up equipment, supplies, and additional water
- Fire crew safety, water and food
- Answer questions from fire crew
Problem areas: _________________________________________