Dog Project Requirements:
- MUST be up-to-date on their shot records. Specifically DHPP and Rabies. The Rabies Certificate MUST BE SIGNED by the vet (sometimes you have to specifically ask for this).
- The dog your child uses MUST be one that is under your daily care.
- They may be a purebred or a mixed breed.
- Any age is okay as well, as long as they comply with the shot schedule
- New members must plan to attend the beginner class
- 6’ nylon or leather leash (NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES ALLOWED!)
- a sliding chain collar with only about 4” of slack allowed (keep the tags on it and receipt until we have checked it for you)
- soft bite-sized training treats
- tennis shoes
- water (child and dog)
- potty bags
- a PARENT (a responsible adult is required to stay at all practices).
As the handler progresses through the dog project there will be a few additional items needed.
**note the Dog show is open to 4-H Dog Project members ONLY