The watershed plan identifies and tackles the issues that are important to citizens, local businesses, city, county and state agencies, industries, academic institutions, civic groups, and environmental organizations, within the Highland Bayou Watershed.
This plan will serve as a powerful tool in addressing the following concerns:
- Protecting people within the watershed from flooding
- Preserving and protecting natural areas within the watershed
- Providing adequate recreational public access to the bayou
- Maintaining the economic viability of the bayou and the watershed
- Addressing land uses and trends effecting the watershed
- Improving or maintaining the water quality of the bayou