The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Bexar Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee will present the 2021 Beef Cattle Short Course webinar series on Jan. 12 and 19.
The program is FREE and open to anyone interested in beef cattle production in South Central Texas. Program logon will be at 6 p.m. both days, with presentations made via the Microsoft Teams platform.
An RSVP is required for attendees. To RSVP, email Chris Lambert at the AgriLife Extension office for Bexar County on or before Jan. 5. Once the RSVP is received, attendees will be registered and a link for the web series will be provided.
Webinar content and expert presenters
Topics and presenters for Jan. 12 will be:
• Utilizing Hay Efficiently & Economically, Larry Redmon, Ph.D., professor and AgriLife Extension specialist, soil and crop sciences, Bryan-College Station.
• Capitalizing on Niche Markets – Akaushi. Rick Turner, president of Texas Wagyu Association, Turner River Ranch, LLC, Medina.
• Custom Process, Roy Walston, former AgriLife Extension agent, Kerr County, Walston Ranch, Harper.
• Grass fed, Ron Gill, Ph.D., professor, associate department head and AgriLife Extension program leader, animal science, Bryan-College Station.
Topics and presenters for Jan. 19 will be:
• Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raiders Association Legislative/Policy Update, Kaleb McLaurin, executive director, Government and Public Affairs, TCSRA, Austin.
• Cattle Market Update – Where are We Headed? Dr. David Anderson, professor and AgriLife Extension economist, livestock marketing, Bryan-College Station.
Program sponsors include Capital Farm Credit, AgWorkers Auto Insurance, Bexar County Farm Bureau, Dos Veces and Corteva.
For additional information, see the flyer below.