Please click on link below to watch the video with photography upload instructions.
Here is the link for entering BCYF Photography uploads. Open From Jan. 2nd to Jan. 13th at 5pm.
The upload link will be available from Jan 2, 2023 until 5 pm on Jan. 13, 2023. BCYF Photography Upload Page- Submit photos here.
Find your Exhibitor Number Here 2023 Exhibitor ID Numbers
This year all photography photos will have to be uploaded online for entry and placing. YOU STILL MUST ENTER BCYF ENTERIES TO ENTER PHOTOS!
See below for complete rules and entry information:
DIVISION Q – PHOTOGRAPHY
SUPERINTENDENT: Debbie Thompson, 210-441-0237 or April Marek, 254-541-1757
- SPECIAL RULES:
- Photo MUST be taken by the exhibitor (exhibitor must not be in the photo), submitted only once. All photos must be taken after January 15, 2022.
- Photography entries will be judged on impact, creativity, technical (focus, exposure, lighting, and color balance), composition, subject matter, and storytelling.
- Photos will be submitted online at http://agrilife.org/bellctyyouthfair, beginning January 2, 2023 to no later than 5:00 p.m., on January 13, 2023. No late submissions will be accepted. There is no additional cost to upload to the website. Uploading to the website does not take the place of the required process for BCYF photo entries due by December 1, 2022.
- Bell County Youth Fair is not responsible if the upload takes longer than anticipated and is not complete until after 5:00 p.m. on January 13, 2023
- Files must be in .jpg format not to exceed 2,048k (2 MB) with no restriction on dimension (i.e. 8×10, 5×7, 4×6). Photos not within these guidelines will NOT be accepted by BCYF and will be disqualified. (BCYF established these guidelines – not FormSite). There is no minimum size requirement, however the photo must be large enough that it can be clearly evaluated.
- Files must be named: Exhibitor number_Class Name (For Example: 1234_Animals Domestic or 6788_catch all).
- ONLY the following MINOR digital manipulation is allowed: red-eye correction, cropping, and straightening of photo. Any other manipulation would require the photo to be entered into the ENHANCED category.
- Antiquing, Sepia-tone and/or selective coloring/hand tinting will only be allowed in the ENHANCED category.
- Any exhibitor submitting a photograph acknowledges that they have sufficient permission of any recognizable location/people appearing in their photo and can produce a model/property release if requested.
- Entries into the ENHANCED category must include a short written description of the software and process used in creating the photo. This will be typed into the space provided in the online entry form (mandatory field).
- Theme class will change from year to year.
- If exhibitor desires to have their picture (s) displayed, they must bring the actual picture, mounted on foam board, to the Assembly Hall on FCS check in day. Make sure the border of the foam board extends 1” from the picture. See example below. Foam board from “dollar” type store is fine. Picture should not exceed 5×7 in size. Photography Display Example
- Be familiar with this year’s rules in the Fair Book.
- After you take the picture save it to a computer or tablet.
- Set up a folder on your desktop labeled BCYF Photos
- If you have multiple photos for each division you are considering for entry set up subfolders for the classes—ie. Food, Domestic Animals
- Add your photos to appropriate folders on a flow basis
- Ensure photos are in .jpg format
- Check the size of your photos and resize if needed
- Once you decide which photo you entering for each class (15 Maximum), name the photos-Exhibitor Number_Class – Example: 1234_AnimalsDomestic or 9876_CatchAll
- Double Check the rules to ensure your photo meets the criteria for the class and meets the definitions.
- Double Check the naming of your photo for accuracy
- Download your photo to website for entry
- Submit your entry…..