2022 Auction Information
Auction Date: Saturday, February 12, 2022
Registration Begins: 8:00 AM
Auction Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Bell County EXPO Center – ASSEMBLY HALL
Buyer Information Letter: 2022 Buyers Letter
Online Bidding Information: 2022 Online Bidding Information
Group Buying Form: Group Buying Form
Sale List: 2022 SALE LIST
Add-On Sheet: 2022 Add On Sheet
Dear Past and Future Buyer:
It’s that time of year again and we would like to invite you to join us for the
2022 Bell County Youth Fair & Livestock Show Auction Sale on Saturday, February 12, 2022.
As is the norm now, Covid has changed the way everyone functions. Currently, masks are not mandatory for the Bell County Youth Fair & Livestock Show or Auction. For the safety of our exhibitors, guests, and volunteers, please maintain social distancing. If you feel ill, please stay home. Please read this document for updates known at this time. All updates are subject to change.
- We will again offer a hybrid auction with both in person & online bidding available. We have attached online bidding information with this letter. Please know that our Auction is now a PREMIUM AUCTION, and all exhibitors will retain ownership of their animals.
- Onsite Buyer registration begins at 8:00 a.m. in the Bell County Expo Center Garth Arena LOBBY.
- All Buyers must check in. Your Buyer Number will be given to you at check in. There will be a separate line for New Buyers.
- The Auction Sale will begin at 10:00 a.m. in the Bell County Expo Center Assembly Hall.
- Buyers will be given a wrist band upon check-in. This will allow you access to snacks and lunch as well as identify you as a buyer.
- All Auction Lots will be sold BY THE HEAD, not the pound.
- While all bids are greatly appreciated, anything less than $250 is considered an add-on. Please use the provided Add-On Sheet. (Example: Buyer XYZ buys Lot 1 for $4000, Buyer ABC wants to add $100, Buyer ABC needs to put this amount on an Add-On Sheet). This applies to Group Buys as well.
- We have Group Buying Sheets at the check-in table for those that know in advance that you are buying in a group. It will be helpful to have these filled out and ready to go as soon as the Lot is sold. This is especially necessary for groups of 4 or more buyers going in to buy a lot. To be part of a “Group Buy” each buyer must be spending at least $250 on the lot. Alternate example: If you have 10 people contributing $100 each to buy an item in the sale or go in with others to buy something, that is acceptable, BUT those 10 people must be given a name – “ABC Group” – and be REGISTERED as “ABC Group” and have a Buyers Number for “ABC Group”. The group leader for “ABC Group” is responsible for providing an address, collecting all monies from the group and paying.
- We need Buyer Splits and Group Buys ready to go as soon as the Lot is sold.
- All Auction Sale exhibitors will be on the stage with their ribbon and a photo of them with their project will be displayed on the video screen.
- As stated above the auction is now a PREMIUM AUCTION. There will be no resale options, floor credit or buy-backs. All animals go back to the exhibitors. If you are wanting to purchase an animal for processing, you can discuss with an exhibitor directly or leave your information with us on the day of the sale and we will pass your information on.
- One Buyer Plaque is furnished per lot. Anyone requesting an additional buyer plaque will be charged $40.
- All add-on sheets must be turned in with payment by February 25, 2022, to the Bell County Youth Fair office.
- We will be happy to take your payment of cash, check or credit card on the day of the auction. All credit card payments will be subject to a 3% service fee.
- The Auction Sale Sheet & Add-On Sheets will be available for your convenience via this link: www.Agrilife.org/bellctyyouthfair/
Please know that your attendance and generosity are greatly appreciated. Through your support the youth can re-invest in current and future projects and invest in their future education.
If you have any questions, please call Cheri O’Braden in the Bell County Youth Fair Office at (254) 933-5309 or Jennifer Smith (254) 760-7389.
BCYF Auction Committee • BCYF Operating Board of Directors • BCYF Executive Board