Thank you for joining Tarrant County 4-H. The first step you will want to take is contact the clubs that you are interested in joining. The Club page above has all of the clubs on a map and the contact information for each group. Once you join a 4-H, you are allowed to participate in any 4-H activity in the county. But you must be registered for all clubs whose meetings you will be attending. You are allowed to join multiple clubs and some clubs have limited membership.
Once you contact a club, the manager and the parents in the group will be a great source of information.
4-H Connect Membership System
Enrollment for 4-H is handled through the state database, 4-H Connect. The following links will guide you in using this database:
Before you enter the database, please read all of the information on this page and make sure you are ready to register.
- Please complete all profile information for every member. If you are renewing your membership, please confirm all information is correct. Since profiles stay the same year after year, you will need to make sure changes in residence, emails or phone numbers are updated.
- Make sure the grade level for members is correct. A member’s grade on September 1stdetermines their grade category for the whole year.
- When you get to the Participationpage, please add all clubs that your members will be active in or you will be volunteering with. If you are new to 4-H please, please reach out to the contact person at the club you wish to join and let them know you have registered.
- Still on the Participationpage, please add all projects that you or your members are interested in receiving information about through broadcast emails from the county.
- All payments must now be made with a credit card.
- Membership for the 4-H year is $20 before December 31stand $25 after that date.
- If you are registering as a volunteer, the cost is $10. We encourage that one parent in each family become a volunteer.
- If you are enrolling a youth for the first time and they are in 3rdgrade, please wait until after September 1st. Enrolling for the first time in August as a 3rd grader may result in the youth being a Clover kid for the year.
Signing Up for Email Notifications
It is very important that members and volunteers register for all projects that they are interested in receiving information about. Starting September 1st, 2017, all broadcast emails will be sent out through 4-H Connect and be targeted to particular interests based on what projects members and volunteers have registered for. By doing this we will be able to share more opportunities that directly relate to your interests without flooding the whole community with emails.
Older members who have their own email accounts can receive broadcast emails along with their parents if they enter their email address into their member profile in 4-H Connect. I would encourage parents to consider doing this as it will allow your youth to monitor their own activities. When we send out broadcast emails, we will include both families and members, so parents will still receive the same emails.
All broadcast emails will also be logged on this website under the Email Log located in the upper right corner. This will allow families to explore current information on subject matters that they have not been receiving emails about.
Please contact your club manager or county staff if you need any assistance with enrollment. The 4-H Connect website works better if you use Google Chrome or Mozilla.