Blackland Income Growth Scholarship
Blackland Income Growth is awarding scholarships to outstanding 4-H members in Blackland Prairie counties. The scholarships will be presented at the BIG Luncheon on Tuesday, December 13, 2016.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- There will be ten (10) Blackland Income Growth scholarships awarded for the amount of $1000 each.
- There will be one (1) Scott Felton Blackland Income Growth scholarship awarded for the amount of $1500. Consideration will be given to applicants planning to study agribusiness. Major will be verified at the time of payment.
- The same application will be used for both scholarships.
- Recipients will not be eligible to receive both the BIG & Scott Felton BIG scholarships.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANT
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be a 4-H member in a Blackland Prairie County which include Bell, Bosque, Burleson, Collin, Coryell, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Falls, Fannin, Grayson, Hill, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Lee, Limestone, McLennan, Milam, Navarro, Rockwall, Tarrant, or Williamson.
- Be a resident or attend school in a Blackland Prairie County
- Be a graduate of high school in the 2016-2017 school year.
- Have been an active member of 4-H for at least three (3) years.
- Meet entrance requirements of a Texas college, university, or technical school.
- Enroll full-time in a Texas college, university, or technical school in the Fall of 2017.
- Plan to major in an Agriculture or Family and Consumer Sciences related field.
- Submit SAT and/or ACT test scores. (May be provided on transcript.) Scores must be provided at the time of scholarship deadline. No late scores or updated scores will be accepted after the deadline.
- Attach an official copy of high school transcript.
- Submit the completed application and attachments by Monday, October 3, 2016.
- For an application visit the BIG webpage: http://stephenville.tamu.edu/blackland-income-growth/scholarship-program/
The completed application and attachments must be postmarked by Monday, October 3, 2016 and mailed to the following address:
Blackland Income Growth Scholarship Program
Attn: Laura A. Huebinger
1229 N US Hwy 281
Stephenville, TX 76401
Applications must be submitted through the County Extension Agent in the applicant’s respective county.
Metro Beekeepers Association Scholarship
The art of beekeeping is being encouraged through this youth scholarship program. Metro Beekeepers Association (MBA) began scholarships for youth in 2011. The goal is to educate youth in the art of beekeeping and to promote a better understanding of the value of honey bees to our environment and to the food chain. The applicant must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by September 1, 2016.The applicant must be currently enrolled in public, private or home school. The applicant and immediate family cannot have any bee colonies prior to 2017.The applicant must have permission and agreement from parent or guardian. The application must postmarked or e-mailed by November 18, 2016.
The winner of this scholarship will receive the following:
- A one year family membership in the Metro Beekeepers Association
- An 11-month beekeeping course and course book.
- A set of wooden-ware for a beehive.
- A nuc or package of bees for the hive.
- Beekeeping gear: hat, veil, gloves, hive tool, bee brush, and bee smoker.
- Mentoring by a MBA member for one year.
- Upon successful completion of the scholarship requirements, the recipient(s) will receive a recognition certificate and full ownership of the hive.
For application and information go to this link: http://metrobeekeepers.net/scholarships/
4-H Opportunity Scholarship
Scholarship Opportunity for Graduating Seniors (and collegiate scholarship program for current college students)
The Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program and the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation is once again pleased to offer to our senior high school 4-H members and current college students the opportunity to apply for an Opportunity Scholarship through the Texas 4-H Youth Development Foundation. This year Texas 4-H members can apply for scholarships in three areas, baccalaureate, courageous heart, and technical. Former Texas 4-H members will be able to apply for scholarships through the collegiate scholarship program. All applications and support materials are attached to this email. Additionally, all information can be downloaded from the Texas 4-H website at: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/scholarships/
The application and the instructions are separate documents for easier completion and direction. The application form is being offered in Microsoft Word edition.
Please Note: Families should complete the FAFSA NOW in order to receive the required report before the application deadline.
Due to a continued increase in incomplete and the incorrect completion of the scholarship applications from applicants, any incomplete or incorrect application submitted will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the 4-H member and parent/guardian to ensure all information is correct and complete prior to submitting. Absolutely no follow up or updates will be allowed once submitted.
Due dates and deadlines for 2017 Scholarship process are as follows:
November – December Applicant complete FAFSA and receive report
January 20, 2017 Application due to County Office
February 3, 2017 Applications due to District Office
February 17, 2017 Applications due to State 4-H Office
April 14, 2017 Interview selection notification
May 5-7, 2017 Interviews (Austin, TX)
June 6, 7, & 8, 2017 Awards Assemblies/Banquets (College Station, TX)
Requirements for the Baccalaureate, Technical, and Courageous Heart Scholarships
All applications MUST meet the minimum requirements/criteria to even be considered for judging (see guidelines for complete details). Those applications not meeting the requirements should not be submitted to the county Extension Office and/or Agent.