For Photography and Videography Project Recourse
County 4-H Photography Contest
The Fort Bend 4-H County Photography contest is open to all 4-H members including Clover Kids. This contest is a qualifying contest for Seniors to enter the State 4-H Photography Contest.
Click here to view the Rules and Guidelines.
District 4-H Photography Contest
*Important Note: This is not a qualifying contest for the State Photography Contest
Winners will be Displayed at Round-Up
District 9 Big Time in D9 Roundup:
- To develop life skills in composition, light, story line, posing and awareness.
- To encourage 4-H members to use photography as a meaningful communications tool in their lives.
- To provide photography project showcase opportunity for 4-H members.
- To continue sharing the message of 4-H.
- To utilize photographs which can promote and strengthen the 4-H program.
State 4-H Photography Contest
*Must have competed at the County 4-H Photography Contest to qualify
The Texas 4-H Photography Contest encourages self-expression and allows youth to demonstrate skills learned in the area of photography, including the use of photographic equipment and process of photographs.
For COMPLETE information and Resources please visit the State Website:
LIST OF CATEGORIES
It is extremely important that 4-H members, project leaders, parents, and county Extension agents review the descriptions of each category very carefully. Please do not enter photographs into categories that are duplicates from other categories or ones that do not clearly meet the category description. Photographs that do not meet the description of the category will be disqualified
- Animals – Domestic
- Animals – Wildlife
- Details & Macro
- Dominant Color
- Elements of Design
- Landscape & Nature (non-animal)
- Theme (changes every year, please see rules for this year’s theme)
- Travel & Place