Full-time AmeriCorps Team Leads serve as Instructors for our 4-H CAPITAL Science Clubs but have additional responsibilities in terms of member support, team development, professional tasks, and networking. There is one Team Leader for each of our four curriculum areas.
Team Leads will be expected to:
- Teach: Lead afterschool Science Clubs 1 or more days a week; in June, lead summer-camp classes. Serve as a guest speaker or substitute Instructor when needed.
- Plan: Develop lessons and unit plans for classes. Help develop innovative curriculum.
- Support Team Members: Be a resource for fellow Instructors and assist with project and activity preparation. Hold regular team meetings and encourage team-building. Share member needs with specialists and other staff.
- Perform and model office responsibilities: Enter monthly data and maintain records. Provide professional communication. Attend weekly meetings and trainings. Create and organize resources.
- Collaborate: Work closely with staff to plan and complete projects. Encourage collaboration between curriculum areas. Work with other team leaders to guide members. Connect with community partners.
- Commit to a term of service from mid-August until the end of June
- Serve a total of 1700 hours (40-42.5 hours a week)
- Typical hours are Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm.
- Have reliable transportation and driver’s license for travel to school sites
- Must consent to a criminal history background check
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and adaptability
- Have experience working with youth
- Earn a living stipend, paid twice monthly. Rate is higher than regular Instructor position.
- Gain additional professional experience
- Earn an education award after successful completion of your term
- Student loans may qualify for forbearance during your term of service
- Health insurance and childcare assistance is provided
- All training in science curriculum and youth development is provided
All applicants apply first to be one of our science superheroes — an AmeriCorps Instructor! Our limited Team Leader positions are by invitation only and are based on position availability and on applicant qualifications.