Make a difference for youth as a Science Superhero! 4-H CAPITAL AmeriCorps Educational Instructors lead hands-on science activities for underserved youth in elementary schools in the Austin area. Our members teach lessons in four curriculum areas: Animal Science, Garden Science, Engineering and Tinkering, and Natural Resources. Members have many opportunities for professional development, including volunteering with numerous partners to support poverty relief, education, environmental sustainability, healthy living, or disaster services. Additionally:
- We provide complete training for working with youth and our science curriculum areas
- We offer 32 full-time Instructor positions and 4 full-time Team Leader positions
- You will earn a living stipend and an Segal Education Award
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our program
- We offer health insurance and childcare assistance
- You get to work with kids doing fun science projects! Build rockets, be in nature, care for animals, and more!
- You get to live in Austin!
What is AmeriCorps? AmeriCorps is a national service organization dedicated to getting things done for America! Every year over 80,000 AmeriCorps members assist with community service projects at over 15,000 locations across all 50 states.
Want to learn more? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page and watch the videos below.
If you have additional questions about applying for 4-H CAPITAL’s AmeriCorps program, e-mail us or contact our AmeriCorps Project Manager Willie Garza at (512) 854-3192. We look forward to your application!
Ready to apply? Just click the button above, and let’s get started!