Make a difference for youth by joining 4-H CAPITAL as an AmeriCorps Afterschool Instructor!
Why apply with 4-H CAPITAL?
- We provide complete training for working with youth and our science curriculum areas
- We offer both Full Time and Half Time terms
- You will earn a living stipend and an Segal Education Award
- We offer health insurance and childcare assistance
- You get to work with kids doing fun science projects! Build rockets, be in nature, care for animals, and more!
- You get to live in Austin!
AmeriCorps is a national service organization dedicated to getting things done for America! Every year over 80,000 AmeriCorps members assist with community service projects at over 15,000 locations across all 50 states.
4-H CAPITAL AmeriCorps Afterschool Instructors lead and assist with hands-on science activities for at-risk youth elementary and middle school students across Travis County. Our members teach lessons in five curriculum areas: Animal Science, Youth Gardening, Engineering, Natural Resources, and a Wildcard topic, using a combination of pre-designed lessons and lessons they create. Additionally, our members volunteer with numerous outreach partners to support poverty relief, education, environmental sustainability, healthy living, or disaster services.
Want to learn more? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page and check out the video below.
If you have additional questions about applying for 4-H CAPITAL’s AmeriCorps program, e-mail us or contact our AmeriCorps Project Manager Willie Garza at (512) 854-3192. We look forward to your application!