Instructions for the 2017 Horse Validation process can be found below. Some of the fields within the system have been updated, so families with existing horse profiles will need to update some of their information when validating. Validation will be open March 1st – May 1st, at $10 per validation until April 15th and $20 from April 16 until May 1. A reminder to our horse families:
- horses must be validated in 4-H Connect every year.
- Only one validation per horse each year is necessary (horses do not need to be validated under each siblings name)
- If the horse is registered then the registration papers must be uploaded during validation. The uploaded papers must be legible and the owner must be listed as the 4-Her, or a member of the 4-Hers immediate family (parent, sibling, grandparent, legal guardian). A bill of sale or a signed transfer request will NOT suffice. Families should apply for and receive the corrected papers prior to uploading in 4-H Connect.
- If the horse is grade (unregistered) then the field designated for the upload of registration papers should be left blank.
- Pictures need to be a visual representation of the horses color and markings (head and legs must be visible in right and left profile images and lighting should be sufficient to determine coat color)