Entries are due to the Extension Office: Thursday, November 17
Updates & Reminders:
- Quality Counts
- Quality Counts verification will be required for all youth exhibiting livestock (market and/or breeding). The Quality Counts Verification Number must be included on the Junior Show Entry Form.
- Breeding Show Ownership Deadlines
- Original Registration Certificates will be used to verify ownership date for breeding animals with the exception of Wether Dams and Wether Does. Animals must be registered in the Herdbook of their Association in only the name of the junior owner on or before the required ownership date (see below). Original Registration Certificates must state the name of the junior owner only. Original Registration Certificates that list any additional names besides the name the entry is under will be disqualified.
- Purchase, deliver , possession, transfer, and registration must all take place on or before the required ownership date. Superintendents will check Original Registration Certificates at time of check-in. Original Registration Certificates must be available during the show at all times.
- Breeding Sheep, Boer Breeding Goat:
- October 1, 2016 (Must be validated through Breeding Sheep or Breeding Goat Validation, respectively, on or before October 31, 2016)
- Wether Dams, Wether Does:
- October 31, 2016 (Must be validated through Breeding Sheep or Breeding Goat Validation, respectively, on or before October 31, 2016)
- Angora Breeding Goat, Dairy Heifers:
- November 1, 2016
- Breeding Beef Heifers:
- November 1, 2016 (Must complete all phases of heifer validation through d1e Texas 4-H & FFA Breeding Heifer Validation Program on or before November 1, 2016)
- Breeding Swine:
- December 1, 2016