Please submit ideas that celebrate the value of Recreation and Parks and Parklets as well as the RPTS Department and RPTS Extension (classes, alum, outreach).
You can suggest games, print materials, Parklet designs, etc.
We have a budget of $1000 and everything must be purchasable at a local (Dallas) store and printed at Fed Ex.
Submit your ideas by 5 p.m. on
Monday, September 17, 2018
All submissions will be highlighted on social media (Twitter, Facebook, and LinkIn)!
Prizes will be awarded!
The final Parklet will be featured at PARKing Day in Dallas, TX on September 21, 2018.
Stop in and visit if you are in the area.
Key Design Considerations
a vertical element to make the parklet visible to traffic
a transition zone between the parklet and the sidewalk or curb
think about who will use the space and how they will use it
(compiled by Kelsie Coats from references below)
Links for Parklets
PARK(ing) Day Regulations
1. No vending; we are not permitted for sales of any kind
2. Food; if you would like to give away food it must be prepackaged and cannot be prepared on site. It can be assembled.
3. No flames, fire, etc…
4. Your space may not exceed 9ft in width.
6. MAIN STREET IS NOT BARRICADED; there will be vehicular traffic on main.
7. PARK(ing) Day is a rain or shine event
8. We cannot guarantee electricity.
9. Any animals must be leashed or corraled.
Parking for the people!