Orienting & Onboarding New Employees
Welcome to TFS! We are glad that you have chosen to join us in serving the citizens of Texas. As part of the onboarding process, we want to orient you to the agency. The following is intended to help acquaint you with the agency and make you aware of information that you need to be familiar with as an employee. It is not our intent to provide information overload on your first couple days of work. The focus is on making you aware of important information and where to find it, so that you can utilize as needed.
New Employee Orientation Sessions:
If you are a budgeted employee, you either are or will be attending a two-day new employee orientation at our headquarters during your first two days of work. If you are a seasonal employee, your orientation will be provided at your local office location on your first day of work. These sessions will cover information and training that are either required or important to on-boarding you with the agency.
TFS Employee Development and AgriLife Human Resources personnel will assist you with completing required employment forms.
You will also receive a local orientation by your supervisor at your job location. This will orient you to the staff, facilities, equipment, operations and expectations at your job location.
Information and Resources on TFS Website:
The TFS website is located at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/. Some of the links and information that you will find helpful include the following:
- Contact Us – located at the top of the page, this link takes you to a page that allows you to find contact information for TFS employees, TFS offices and TFS programs.
- About – located at the top of the page, this link takes you to a page that provides a brief overview and history of TFS.
- Mission & Vision – located at the bottom of the page under Texas A&M Forest Service, this link takes you to a page that provides the agency’s mission and vision statements.
- TFS Admin Org Chart – located at the bottom of the page under Texas A&M Forest Service, this link takes you to an executive level organization chart of the agency that lists each division and the departments or programs reporting directly each associate director.
- Staff Resources – located at the bottom of the page under Administration, this link takes you to a page that provides links to a variety of information that you will need become familiar with and use during your employment. Key sections of this webpage include: Employee Resources, Policies and Procedures, Supervisor Resources, Payment Document Tools, Credit Cards, Uniforms, Purchasing Resources, Grants Administration, IT Resources, Training, and Finance & Administration Staff. You may find that some of this information is not pertinent to you or your job, but it is important that you become aware of where to find it if/when you need it.