Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-2358
Office: WFES 258
Phone: (979) 845-5775
- Ph.D. Ecology, University of California, Davis
- M.S. Ecology, University of California, Davis
- B.S. Biochemical Engineering, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico, D.F.
- Professor, Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences and Intercollegiate Faculty of Toxicology, TAMU
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, TAMU
- Adjunct Professor, Institute of Environmental and Health Sciences, Texas Tech University
- A&M Sloan Mentor, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Ecotoxicology, Avian Ecology
For the last 30 years Dr. Mora’s research has focused on documenting the impacts of persistent organic pollutants, agricultural pesticides, metals, and other contaminants of emergent concern on avian species. Dr. Mora’s work has focused on the southwestern United States, along the U.S.-Mexico border, and in various other regions of Texas, California, and Arizona. In the southwestern U.S., Dr. Mora investigated the accumulation and impacts of environmental contaminants in raptors, particularly aplomado falcons (Falco femoralis) and peregrine falcons (Falco peregrinus), and various other endangered species of the U.S.-Mexico border. He has also conducted various research projects in Mexico.
- Associate Editor: Ecotoxicology (2009-Date)
- Editorial Board Member: Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (1994-1996, 2007-2012).
- Board Member SETAC (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry) North America (2008-2010).
- Board Member SETAC World Council (2009-2013).
- Current (2014-2016) and past member (2002-2004) Board of Directors, SACNAS (Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science).
- WFSC 639. Wildlife Ecotoxicology
- WFSC 304. Wildlife and Fisheries Conservation
- 2018 Fellow, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
- 2016 COALS Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Award for Diversity
- 2016 Distinguished Member recognition, SACNAS Board of Directors
- 2013 Distinguished Scientist National Award, SACNAS
- 2013 Certificate of Appreciation for Service in the SETAC World Council, 2009-2013
- 2012 Diversity Service Faculty Award, Texas A&M University
- 2010 SETAC Presidential Citation for Exemplary Service
- 2009 Founding Member, Texas A&M University SACNAS Student Chapter
- 2008 Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Certificate of Appreciation for advancing underrepresented minority students in STEM.
- 2007 Fellow, American Ornithologists’ Union
- Podcast: La Clara Voz de la Ciencia, Aplomado Falcon Research