Texas A&M AgriLife is a diverse organization that supports healthy living for all Texans, through the research of targeted agricultural practices that yield nutritious food sources, outreach programs that train community members on growing their own food, and preservation of natural resources via eco-friendly means, all while following practices that lead to a stronger Texas economy. By partnering with members of the Texas A&M University System, state agencies, and other public and private entities, we can focus on:
- Addressing the production concerns of farmers and ranchers
- Protecting our environment and producing nutrition-dense foods
- Providing resources to our urban and rural communities for a healthier Texas
- Promoting our science-based extension programs
We serve people of all ages and backgrounds through our teaching, research, extension, laboratory, and service facilities all throughout Texas.
Overseen by the Office of the Vice Chancellor and Dean for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M AgriLife is comprised of the following Texas A&M University System members:
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences at Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M Forest Service
- Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
AgriLife collaborates with Prairie View A&M University, Tarleton State University, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, and West Texas A&M Univesity as well as with other public and private partners.