Date: December 12, 2020
Location: Victoria College Emerging Technology Complex, 7403 Lone Tree Road, Victoria TX 77904
Entry/Registration: October 1 – November 6, 2020, 4-H Online 2.0
Late Registration: November 7 – 13, 2020, for an additional $25
Registration Fee: $15 Facility Fee/ $5 per contest
ORDER YOUR D11 Food Show/Food Challenge Shirt today!
District 11 Food Show Entry Form (use Texas 4-H Entry Form)
Food Show entry form is to be uploaded on 4-H Connect. All age divisions will use Texas 4-H entry
For the 2020-2021 District Contest: Junior, Intermediate, & Seniors may participate in BOTH Food & Nutrition Contests (Food Show AND Food Challenge).
Age divisions are determined by a participant’s grade level as of August 31 of the current 4-H year in accordance with what is stated in the current Texas 4-H Rules and Guidelines.
There are ONLY TWO AGE DIVISIONS IN FOOD CHALLENGE.
Junior/Intermediate Division: 3rd grade to 8th grade
Senior Division: 9th – 12th grade
FOOD SHOW AGE DIVISIONS
- Junior: Participant must be in the 3rd grade to 5th grade for the 2020-2021 4-H year.
- Intermediate: Participants must be in the 6th grade to 8th grade for the 2020-2021 4-H year.
- Senior: Participants must be in the 9th grade to 12th grade for the 2020-2021 4-H year.
Major Changes for 2020-2021 – Food Show & Food Challenge
- The theme for 2020-2021 Food Show is Grocery Games. All recipes should reflect this theme.
- Food Show/Food Challenge categories are Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish, Healthy Dessert.
- Food Show Contest additions include Skill Showcase (all age divisions) and Knowledge Showcase (Int & Sr only).
- FOOD SHOW: TOP THREE in each age division will advance to District competition.
- FOOD CHALLENGE: TWO teams from each age division will advance to District competition