Dear 4-H Members,
Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council Officer Nominations
It’s time to start thinking about applying to be a 2023-2024 Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council Officer! The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 12, 2023, by 5 p.m. Please complete this form. https://forms.gle/yie4xH9vZV9KVa4C6
The final, regular County Youth Council meeting will be held Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. at the Extension Office.
In preparation for the coming year, all 4-H members are encouraged to consider running for officer positions of the CYC. Positions include:
- Vice President
- Reporter/Public Relations
- Health & Safety Officer – Potential new Officer Position based on interest.
These individuals serve the Tarrant County 4-H program by guiding the officers at the club level, advising the adult volunteers and Extension agents, and organizing great county-wide events. The CYC typically meets once a month from August to May on the fourth Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. *Officers are expected to attend all regular CYC Meetings.
If you have experience as a 4-H officer at the club level and feel that you have talents to share with the whole county, please complete this form.
Per the CYC Bylaws, only current CYC officers, county delegates, or 4-H members who have served as president or vice president of their club are eligible to run for office at the county level. However, exceptions to the requirements will be considered by the Executive Board on a case-by-case basis along with the 4-H County Extension Agent.
(*President & Vice President must be 14 years of age at the time of District Leadership Camp held in June & in 9th grade of upcoming school year).
The deadline for nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2023.
Summary of Process:
- Complete the CYC Nomination Form in its entirety. Deadline for nominations is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 12, 2023
- All candidates are required to give a LIVE speech (2 -3 minutes in length) at the May 22nd meeting.
- Speeches should include information on why candidate is running for the chosen position(s) (maximum of two positions).
- All candidates must submit a written version of their live speech for pre-approval within their Nomination Form.
- If candidate is running for two positions, they should submit ONE written speech that talks about why they would be a great candidate for each position.
If you have questions, please contact us at the office or email email@example.com
Tarrant County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
200 Taylor Street, Suite 500 | Fort Worth, TX 76196
p: (817) 884-1553 | f: (817) 884-1941