Where To Go For Assistance

Several state agencies can assist those suffering from coyote predation on livestock. The Texas Animal Damage Control Service provides technical assistance to such landowners. Contact the State director, P.O. Box 830337, San Antonio, 78283-0337 for the name of the district office closest to you. The Texas Department of Agriculture is the licensing agency for all pesticides and provides certification for use of the M-44 device and LPC’s. Furthermore, TDA complies a listing of individuals producing guard animals. Contact TDA at P.O. Box 12847, Austin, 78711. Finally, the Texas Agriculture Extension Service, with county offices located statewide, can assist by providing technical and educational materials and advice related to predator management.