The Texas A&M University System’s seven state agencies will be officially renamed at a planned Board of Regents Meeting set for August 2, 2012. Every agency will then be officially referred to in the following manner:
• Texas AgriLife Extension Service is changed to Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service,
• Texas AgriLife Research is changed to Texas A&M AgriLife Research,
• Texas Engineering Experiment Station is changed to Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES),
• Texas Engineering Extension Service is changed to Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX),
• Texas Forest Service is changed to Texas A&M Forest Service (TFS),
• Texas Transportation Institute is changed to Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI),
• Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory is changed to Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (TVMDL).
The purpose for this change is to realize and maximize the benefits of the tremendous shared equity in the Texas A&M name and the respective agency names. Our main goal is to create stronger agency brands for the future. There are no changes in lines of authority or reporting relationships. New logos will be developed to represent the name change, but all changes will be implemented in the most efficient and effective manner possible to conserve agency resources.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Steven B. Moore | Vice Chancellor
Office of Marketing & Communications