Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Arrive 15 minutes before your session begins and introduce yourself to the moderator.
- Bring your PowerPoint presentation on USB and load it onto the laptop.
- Full‐length Talks: Each speaker is allotted 20 minutes, including time for questions. Prepare a 17‐minute presentation and allow 3 minutes for questions.
- Presentations will start at your designated time.
- Moderators will hold up time cards to notify when time is getting short. Adjust your talk accordingly if you begin to run out of time. If your time is up, ask the attendees to save their questions for the break that follows your session.
- LCD Projector, Windows laptop with Microsoft Office, laser pointer
- Presentations should be prepared in PowerPoint.
- Project your voice. Microphones will NOT be available.
- Internet will NOT be available in meeting rooms. Do not include slides with internet links.
- Water will be available for speakers in meeting rooms.
- If technical problems arise, the moderator will send someone to the registration desk for assistance.
Instructions for Poster Presenters:
Posters should fit within a 44” high x 42” wide space, and may be smaller than these maximum
dimensions. Double-sided tape or pins for mounting posters to the display boards will be provided at
Minimum font size for all text: 20 pt.
Posters will be displayed on Wednesday, July 24.
7:30 – 8:30 Poster setup
9:30 – 9:45 Morning coffee break: attend poster
3:15 – 3:30 Afternoon coffee break: attend poster
5:10 – 6:20 Poster session and cash bar: attend poster
6:20 – 6:30 Poster take-down