- January 2016 Ag NewsSmith County Ag News January 2016
- East Texas Garden Lecture Series
- 2016 Morning Breakfast CEU SeriesMorning CEU 2016
- Pruning Peach TreesAg Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Pruning Peach Trees Growing fruit trees for home use or in the commercial orchard are still popular ventures around East Texas. Peaches have been grown in Texas for more than one hundred years. Numerous factors come into play with a successful orchard. The […]
- Annual East Texas Turfgrass Conferenceturf Annual East Texas Turfgrass Conference Click on “turf” link to access the flyer.
- January 2016 Ag News
Category Archives: Water
Ag Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Aquatic Weed Management Farm ponds offer land owners many things. Farm ponds offer a source of water for wildlife and livestock, family recreation, and for some a food source in the fish raised. As with any pest or weed problem, proper identification of the weed is essential to insure adequate control measures are being used. Aquatic weeds can be a huge problem in some farm ponds and add to your frustration of trying to catch… Read More →
Ag Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County How big is your pond? Each spring, landowners with farm ponds begin managing their ponds for recreational fishing, livestock water and other uses. Water quality is important and having your water tested can help you decide what to do next. If you know how big your pond is that can be helpful in many farm pond management decisions. If we know the proper size of the pond, we can know how to apply lime or fertilizer… Read More →
TWS factsheet_6 TylerAnnouncementHQ (3) Ag Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Texas Watershed Steward Water is essential for life. All living things need water to survive. Over 70% of the Earth is made up of water. According to the Texas Water Resources Institute, the oceans make up 97% of the earth’s water in the form of saltwater. The remaining 3% is in the form of fresh water. Of this 3%, less than one percentage of the earth’s water is water either… Read More →
TylerAnnouncementHQ A program for an upcoming Texas Watershed Steward Program, February 17, 2014. Please click on the flyer for more details.
Ag Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County The Farm Pond Management Calendar Farm ponds offer landowners opportunity for recreation with family, a supply of farm raised fish, and a water supply for livestock. There are several things landowners can do throughout the year to manage their farm pond. Water quality is important when it comes to fish production. In farm ponds, pH and alkalinity are two things that need some attention before stocking begins. A water analysis on the farm pond can be… Read More →