A monthly e-newsletter for upcoming educational programs, industry news, and other educational information.
- St. Augustine Lawn CareAg Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Spring Lawn Care For many homeowners, the lawn can add a certain aesthetic appeal. In East Texas common warm season turfgrass varieties include bermudagrass, centipede, St. Augustine, and zoysia grass. Having a nice green lawn is an investment and requires maintenance to keep that l […]
- ArmadillosNine-banded Armadillo doing dinner in the Live Oak community surrounding Welder Wildlife Complex by Anna Livia https://naturetourism.tamu.edu/2011/09/07/where-the-wild-things-are-at-welder/ Ag Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Armadillos Have you noticed digging in your lawn, garden or flower beds? You could have arm […]
- Tri-County Beef and Forage Workshop
- TicksAg Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County Ticks Ticks are biting pests that can affect pets, livestock and humans alike. Lone star ticks live in wooded areas with underbrush, along creeks and rivers near animal resting places. The brown dog tick is the most common tick in urban areas. Ticks can belong to either of two fam […]
- WeedsAg Biz News Column Chad Gulley County Extension Agent –Ag/NR Smith County What is a Weed? The name “weed” has usually been associated with plants, both native and of foreign origin, that are not desirable. From the agronomic standpoint, a weed is described as “a plant that can cause economic loss in a production unit.” Many gardeners and home landscape […]
- St. Augustine Lawn Care