Please click on the above link to view a demonstration of Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff.
Healthy hints for chicken breasts….
• Buy skinless chicken parts, or take off the skin before cooking.
• Boneless skinless chicken breasts and turkey cutlets are the leanest poultry choices.
• Trim away all of the visible fat from meats and poultry before cooking.
• Broil, grill, roast, poach, or boil meat, poultry, or fish instead of frying.
• Drain off any fat that appears during cooking.
• Skip or limit the breading on meat, poultry, or fish. Breading adds calories. It will also cause the food to soak up more fat during frying.
• Choose and prepare foods without high fat sauces or gravies.
• 1 small chicken breast half cooked counts as 3 oz. from the protein foods group
• A person with a 2000 calorie diet would only need about 5 ½ ounces from the protein group.