The Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program is for teens that are motivated, excited, and ready to make a change in their community! This peer education program is designed for high school age youth who have a passion for health and wellness. Youth are trained and become knowledgeable in local, state, and national health issues. In turn, they use this knowledge to motivate others to make a change in their lifestyle to improve their overall health.
What do Ambassadors do in their community?
- Assist local county agents in identifying health issues
- Assist in development of programs to address health issues
- Deliver programs in communities, school, churches, etc.
- Make a positive impact on youth and adults!
- Be in at least the 9th grade
- Submit application
What are the Requirements?
After youth are accepted to the local program, they must fulfill the following obligations:
- Complete and report 40 hours of leadership, program efforts, or community service annually
- Attend required training(s)
- Reapply annually based on the completion of the 40 hours of service
For more information, contact Julie Gardner at email@example.com
2021-22 Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Program Materials
- 2021 HTYA Application Handbook
- 2021 HTYA Application Link
- HTYA 2021 Marketing Flyer
- HTYA 2021 Agent Overview
2021-22 Reporting System (June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022):