It’s spring! The trees are leafing out, the flowers are blooming and everyone thinks it’s time to start watering their lawn. Just hold a minute and check out the Water My Yard website before you start turning on the water.
Now there’s a tool to help you make the correct watering decisions. The Water My Yard™ website is a free service that lets you know when and how much to water to apply based on local weather patterns, type of irrigation system and other environmental factors. The website uses the information collected by automated weather stations throughout the county to assist you in providing an adequate amount of supplemental water to maintain a healthy lawn.
Let’s See How It Works!
1) Go to the Water My Yard website: https://watermyyard.org
2) Enter the information requested to find the weather station closest to you.
3) The results screen provides you the information needed; do I need to water or not.
4) If you click the “view weather data” box you can see the current data for your area.
5) If you click the “Personalize” box. You can select the type of irrigation heads in your system along with the spacing and manufacturer. This information will personalize your recommendation based on the precipitation rate of your system.
6) Finally, set up an account and you will receive a weekly email or text message with your own personal watering recommendations. How much easier can it get?
So, do the right thing, conserve water, save some money and a enjoy a great looking lawn this season.