4-H CEO is unique in that it uses WebEx technology to conduct meetings online, making it accessible to anyone with an email address. Participants share ideas, conduct YouTube video projects and get to meet local entrepreneurs.
Just sign-up with Sheryl Nolen (email@example.com) to receive email notices and training materials in preparation for each session. The online sessions will be recorded and posted here, along with resources and assignments.
This program also prepares youth for the Houston 4-H CEO Trade Show and Minnow Tank Contests, where they can exhibit information about their business and compete in the Minnow Tank interviews for prizes.
4-H CEO Business promotion
Past Houston 4-H CEO Workshop Lessons
|Sep. 29, 2015||6:30pm||Session 1: “All About the Business Plan”|
|Oct. 3, 2015||9am||4-H CEO Orientation Workshop|
|Oct. 7, 2015||6:30pm||Session 2: Marketing 101; Bonus Buck Plan|
|Oct. 12, 2015||6:30pm||Session 3: Products & Services – “Price it Right”|
|Oct. 22, 2015||6:30pm||Session 4: Finance Plan – “Bottom Line”|
|Nov. 7, 2015||1pm||4-H CEO Bootstrap Workshop (Extension Office)|
|Nov. 9, 2015||6:30pm||Session 5: Website Store Front & The Pitch|
|Nov. 16, 2015||6:30pm||Session 6: “Pitch Your Business” and Prepare for Tradeshow|
|Nov. 30, 2015||–||Trade Show applications due|
|Dec. 5, 2015||9am||Trade Show and Minnow Tank Presentations (Extension Office)|
Assignments – Due Oct. 7
• Biz Venture: Marketing(PDF)
• Biz Kids: Marketing Mix(PDF)
• Biz Kids: 4 P’s of Marketing(PDF)
• Business Basics Marketing Plan
• Social Media Marketing
• Happier at Home: Facebook Marketing Example(PDF)
Assignment – Due Oct. 12
• Complete a Marketing Plan (see presentation)
• PowerPoint Presentation: Session 3
Assignment – Due Nov. 9
• Complete a Financial Plan (see presentation)
• PowerPoint Presentation: Session 5
Assignment – Due Nov. 16
1. Compile your Business Portfolio
2. Write a script for your Business Pitch
3. Submit your Tradeshow application (Nov. 30)
Special thanks to:
Trade Show & “Minnow Tank” Business Plan Contest: open to 4-H Members ages 9-18 years of age, competing in Junior, Intermediate and Senior age divisions. Contestants are required to complete a Business Portfolio, Business Plan, make a “pitch” (presentation) and be interviewed by a panel of judges and be exhibitors at the trade show.
Individuals or teams of 2 can enter as a(n):
1) “Established Business” – for youth who are already operating the proposed business or
2)”Prototype Business” – for those businesses that are in the planning stages and NOT operating at the time of the contest
2015 contest completed.