Texas law requires a person claiming an exemption from sales tax on the purchase of certain items used to produce agricultural and timber products for sale to hold an Agricultural and Timber Exemption Registration Number (Ag/Timber Number). The law also requires the Ag/Timber Number to be renewed every four years on a uniform date, regardless of the date the number was first issued.
Persons claiming the agricultural exemption on their purchases already give their supplier an exemption certificate that includes the Ag/Timber Number. Effective Jan. 1, 2016, the exemption certificate must also include a current expiration date.
Ag/Timber Number holders need to renew their ag/Timber number before Jan. 1, 2016 in order to get a current expiration date
Renewal letters were mailed out in early October 2015 to current Ag/Timber card holders.
– Includes Ag/Timber Number (11 digits)
– WebFile number (RT123456)
There are 3 Options/Methods to Renew
– Telephone (1.844.247.3639)
– Mail. Return to Account Maintenance Division
• For Webfile you will go to http://comptroller.texas.gov/taxinfo/sales/webfile_sales.html
• either log in or sign up. You will need to
• Enter User Id
• Enter Password
• Enter Taxpayer # (11 digits/on card)
• Enter WebFile Number (provided in letter, example: RT123456)
• Agree to 2 statements
• Print cards