Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
The information below is from the contest from the 2017-2018 4-H Year. Information for the new year will be updated as it is ready to share. Check back for more details!
- Target pick-up will begin in the scoring building approximately 30 minutes before the match begins.
- Contestants should check-in approximately 30 minutes before scheduled start time.
- The contestants scheduled for the afternoon should arrive approximately 1 hour before their scheduled shooting time in case relays run faster.
- The Competitive Rifle Match Shooting will begin at 9:00am. (Shooting times will be staggered)
- The Provisional Light Rifle Match will begin after the first round of the Competitive Rifle Match begins.
A more detailed shoot schedule will be distributed after receiving entries.
- $10 per contestant per event
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- Registration will open on TBA
- Check with your local county Extension office to ask about deadlines specific to your county.
There will be three (3) age divisions (Junior, Intermediate, and Senior) in the District 8 4-H Rifle Match as listed below.
|A 4-H member’s age division determined by his or her school grade on August 31, 2017 and is as follows:|
|Junior||3, 4, or 5||*Must be at least 8 years old|
|Intermediate||6, 7, or 8|
|Senior||9, 10, 11, or 12||*Must not be older than 18 years old|
Only Senior aged members may advance to the state qualifying competition at Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match in June.
Competitive Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
We will be using the Orion Scoring System for the Competitive Rifle Match.
Orion Indoor 50-foot rifle target. It is similar in design to the USA-50 (NRA-50) target. The scoring rings are equivalent to the ISSF 50m rifle target reduced to 50ft. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=4).
Light Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Light Rifle Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
This is the main difference from the Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Light Rifle Rules for the District 8 4-H Light Rifle Match. 4-H members will shoot from 50 feet as listed below:
|Age Division||Position||Time||Number of shots||# of Targets||Shots per bull|
|Junior||Prone only||20 minutes||20 shots||2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Intermediate||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||1 target||4 shots per bull|
|Senior||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||1 target||4 shots per bull|
2018 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2017 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2016 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results – Pictures
2015 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2014 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results – Pictures
2013 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2010 D8 4-H Rifle Contest Results