Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Weather Changes – Posted 5-8-2019 at 11:05 am
We have made the decision to make some changes for this Saturday’s District 8 4-H Rifle and Light Rifle Match due to the forecast.
Senior Precision Rifle will be the ONLY match we will schedule to shoot on Saturday, May 11, 2019. All others do not need to attend. Below are additional details:
Senior Precision Rifle Match
- (This is the qualifying match for Texas 4-H Indoor Rifle Match that will be held in June.)
- There are 26 Seniors entered. (See attached list.)
- Arrive to begin shooting at 9:30 am.
- We will plan to shoot on both ranges and all Seniors will shoot at the same time.
- Be aware we may have to pause during the 90 minutes if the rain or lightning picks up. So it may take longer than the 90 minutes.
- We plan to score these targets on Saturday and provide awards upon completion.
All others (Junior Precision Rifle, Intermediate Precision Rifle, ALL Light Rifle)
- We will conduct the remaining age divisions/matches as a postal league.
- We will provide you with your targets.
- The targets will be packaged on Saturday.
- Coaches or Agents attending the Senior Precision Match on Saturday may pick up the targets for your county.
- Remaining targets will be mailed to county offices on Monday, May 13.
- Counties may conduct their matches at any time after receiving their targets, but must be completed by June 1.
- A certified coach must be present during the match.
- All guidelines must be followed including appropriate equipment, time limits, and shooting positions.
- If you have any questions about the appropriate procedures, please contact your local county Extension office or Mr. Roy Green who serves as our District Rifle Range Officer.
- Targets must be returned to the Leon County Extension Office with a postmark deadline of June 1. Any targets postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The targets that are provided by the District are the targets that must be used for consideration in the District Match. Different targets will not be accepted.
- Targets will be scored, results will be posted, and awards will be sent to the local county Extension office following the scoring.
We apologize for any inconvenience. We are hopeful this will provide a better option for our 4-H families. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Target pick-up will begin in the scoring building approximately 30 minutes before the match begins.
- Contestants should check-in approximately 30 minutes before scheduled start time.
- The contestants scheduled for the afternoon should arrive approximately 1 hour before their scheduled shooting time in case relays run faster.
- The Competitive Rifle Match Shooting will begin at 9:00am. (Shooting times will be staggered)
- The Provisional Light Rifle Match will begin after the first round of the Competitive Rifle Match begins.
A more detailed shoot schedule will be distributed after receiving entries.
Detailed Schedule (sorted by shooting time) – Release 2 – Posted 5-8-2019 at 11:05 am
Detailed Schedule (sorted by county)
- $10 per contestant per event
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- Registration will open on TBA
- Check with your local county Extension office to ask about deadlines specific to your county.
There will be three (3) age divisions (Junior, Intermediate, and Senior) in the District 8 4-H Rifle Match as listed below.
|A 4-H member’s age division determined by his or her school grade on August 31, 2018 and is as follows:|
|Junior||3, 4, or 5||*Must be at least 8 years old|
|Intermediate||6, 7, or 8|
|Senior||9, 10, 11, or 12||*Must not be older than 18 years old|
Only Senior aged members may advance to the state qualifying competition at Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match in June.
Competitive Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Roundup Indoor Rifle Match Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
We will be using the Orion Scoring System for the Competitive Rifle Match.
Orion Indoor 50-foot rifle target. It is similar in design to the USA-50 (NRA-50) target. The scoring rings are equivalent to the ISSF 50m rifle target reduced to 50ft. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=4).
Light Rifle Match
Follows the Texas 4-H Shooting Sports Light Rifle Rules with a few District 8 4-H modifications.
NEW!!! The Orion 50-foot Light Rifle 6 Bull Target will be used. This target can be viewed and ordered at the Orion website; (https://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Product.aspx?ProductID=59).
Targets will be scored after each relay has completed the course of fire using the Orion Electronic Scoring System. Scoring will be accomplished in the scoring office. Targets will be scored by hand pending if deemed necessary by County Extension Agents in the scoring office.
4-H members will shoot from 50 feet as listed below:
|Age Division||Position||Time||Number of shots||# of Targets||Shots per bull|
|Junior||Prone only||20 minutes||20 shots||2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Intermediate||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|
|Senior||Standing only||20 minutes||20 shots||NEW!!! 2 targets||2 shots per bull|
2019 D8 4-H Senior Qualifying Precision Rifle Match Results
2018 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2017 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2016 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results – Pictures
2015 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2014 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results – Pictures
2013 D8 4-H Rifle Match Results
2010 D8 4-H Rifle Contest Results