2017 Event Information
Date: June 18-19, 2018
Deadline: Check with your local County Extension Agent. Deadlines vary by county.
Entry Fee: $15 per class
Horse Validation Information
- Your horse must be properly validated to be shown at the District and/or State Horse Show.
- Horse Validation will be completed through 4-H Connect. See instructions here. Please read instructions carefully.
- March 1, 2017 through April 15, 2017 will have the cost of $10 per horse.
- April 16, 2017 through May 1, 2017 will have the cost of $20 per horse.
- Horses will be validated by family. (You will list under only one child, but all youth in that family will have the ability to show that horse.)
- You may pay with a credit card.
- Questions? Contact your County Extension Agent.
2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Rules & Regulations
The District Horse Show will follow Texas 4-H Horse Show Rules.
District 8 4-H Horse Show Information
2017 Contestant Information
2017 Entry Form Worksheet – All entries must be completed through 4-H Connect.
2017 Waiver Form – AGAIN THIS YEAR! Signed Waiver form must be scanned as a pdf and uploaded onto 4-H Connect during the entry process.
- The 4-H member and parent may sign the waiver form, scan as a pdf and upload the form OR take the signed form to the Extension Office to be scanned as a pdf and uploaded.
- AGAIN THIS YEAR! Coggins papers for each horse must be scanned and uploaded to 4-H Connect during the entry process. It is best if the dates of the test are good THROUGH the dates of the Texas 4-H Horse Show.
Texas 4-H Horse Show Information
Information will be posted as it is made available.
- Texas 4-H Horse Show website
- Texas 4-H Horse Show Entries will be completed on 4-H Connect – not paper forms.
- We will have multiple computers on-site at the District Horse Show to allow you to register, as well as agents there to help you through the process.
- Texas 4-H Horse Show entries will be due on 4-H Connect by the close of the District 8 Horse Show.
- 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Validation Instructions
- 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Entry Worksheet – This is just a guide to help you.
- 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Riding Teams Worksheet – This is just a guide to help you.
- 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Contestant Letter
- 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Schedule
Official 2017 Texas 4-H Horse Show Shirts for Sale!
- Printable flyer with details: pdf
- All orders need to be placed online by midnight on July 4, 2017
- Pick up at Texas 4-H Horse Show from 1-3 pm on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Friday on the East Concourse on the south end of the Coliseum.
- If you cannot pick it up, your County Extension Agent can pick it up for you or we’ll deliver it to your County Extension Agent.
- Pre-sale only. No shirts for sale at Texas 4-H Horse Show.
- Short-sleeve only.
- Sizes from Youth Small to Adult 3XL.
- Short Sleeves $12 ($14 for Adult 2xL and $16 for Adult 3XL)
2017 District 8 4-H Horse Show Letter – MS Word – TBA
2017 District 8 4-H Horse Show Letter – PDF – TBA
Agent Assignments – TBA
2017 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2016 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2015 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2014 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2013 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2012 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2011 D8 4-H Horse Show Results
2010 D8 4-H Horse Show Results