Date: November 3-4, 2018
The information below is from the contest from the 2017-2018 4-H Year. Information for the new year will be updated as it is ready to share. Check back for more details!
Program (pdf) – Released 11-1-2017
Printable Flyer (pdf)
The District 8 4-H Holiday Classic is annual educational event hosted by County Extension Agents in District 8. Families bring their cattle, lambs, swine, and goats to learn more about the responsibilities that are attributed to exhibiting livestock. During the two day program, experts in livestock and youth development provide educational, hands-on training for these families in both group and individual settings. After the group and one-on-one trainings, the youth have the opportunity to exhibit their projects for practice and receive advice on how to care for their projects. The Holiday Classic is unique because it is completely free to the families with all expenses being paid through local sponsorships. The Holiday Classic is open to all youth and specifically marketed to the 21 counties in District 8: Bell, Bosque, Comanche, Coryell, Eastland, Ellis, Erath, Falls, Freestone, Hamilton, Hill, Hood, Johnson, Leon, Limestone, McLennan, Milam, Navarro, Robertson, Somervell and Williamson.
NEW!! Apply to be a 4-H Photographer at the Holiday Classic!
4-H Member Photographer Applicants must be:
- Active 4-H member in District
- 6th – 12th grade
- Willing to be in the show arena with livestock
- Provide own photography equipment
- Provide all digital images and release to D8 4-H & AgriLife Extension
- Provide own travel arrangements
- Apply online by October 22
Online application details:
- Select your preferred day
- Select your preferred species
- Attend orientation with a professional livestock photographer
- 4-8 photographer will be selected
2017 Holiday Classic Agent Responsibilities