Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017
8:00 – 8:30 am – Agents Arrive
8:30 – 9:00 am – Contestant Registration
9:00 – 9:30 am – Contestant Orientation
1:00 pm – Approximate Time of Awards Presentation
- $10 per contestant
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- *Please check with your county Extension office to determine how this will be handled within your county.
- Demonstrate skill in making decisions based on facts
- Apply knowledge and experience in consumer education by analyzing consumer situations
- Experience making choices among selected marketplace options
- Develop and strengthen reasoning ability in consumer skills
- Demonstrate their ability to organize thoughts and express them orally in a clear, confident manner
Check with your local county Extension office to ask about deadlines specific to your county.
Rules & Guidelines and Resources
District 8 4-H Rules & Guidelines
Sample Scan Sheet & Instructions
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide – Category Descriptions
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Presenting Oral Reasons
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Worksheet
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Placing & Scoring Classes
Check out the Texas 4-H Consumer Education website for more resources!
Possible Categories/Classes from the Study Guide
- Athletic Shoes
- Digital Cameras
- Nutritious Snacks
- Fast Food Meals
- Outdoor Equipment
- Outdoor Backpacks
Classes to be Judged at District 8 Contest
Intermediates – 1 set
Seniors – 2 sets
Specific reasons classes will be announced the morning of the contest.
Seniors will judge ALL six (6) classes, and THEN will talk their two (2) sets of reasons following judging.