Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
8:00 – 8:30 am – Agents Arrive
8:30 – 9:00 am – Contestant Registration
9:00 – 9:30 am – Contestant Orientation
1:00 pm – Approximate Time of Awards Presentation
- $10 per contestant
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- *Please check with your county Extension office to determine how this will be handled within your county.
- Demonstrate skill in making decisions based on facts
- Apply knowledge and experience in consumer education by analyzing consumer situations
- Experience making choices among selected marketplace options
- Develop and strengthen reasoning ability in consumer skills
- Demonstrate their ability to organize thoughts and express them orally in a clear, confident manner
Check with your local county Extension office to ask about deadlines specific to your county.
Rules & Guidelines and Resources
District 8 4-H Rules & Guidelines
Sample Scan Sheet & Instructions
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide
2017-2018 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide – Category Descriptions
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Presenting Oral Reasons
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Worksheet
Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Placing & Scoring Classes
Check out the Texas 4-H Consumer Education website for more resources!
Possible Categories/Classes from the Study Guide
- Hands-free Bluetooth Car Kits
- Active Wear
- Athletic Shoes
- Digital Cameras
- Fast Food Meals
- Outdoor Equipment
- Outdoor Backpacks
Classes to be Judged at District 8 Contest
Juniors, Intermediates, and Seniors
Fast Food Meals
Intermediates – 1 set
Seniors – 2 sets
Specific reasons classes will be announced the morning of the contest.
Seniors will judge ALL six (6) classes, and THEN will talk their two (2) sets of reasons following judging.
Consumer Decision Making Judging Contests Officials, Classes, and Reasons
2018 D8 4-H CDM Results
Can also be found online at www.judgingcard.com