The Youth Entrepreneur project area allows youth help create a better tomorrow today by providing the opportunity to develop skills and gain knowledge of how a business works, make positive choices, develop an idea into a product, and be creative. To learn more about this project area see the Texas 4-H website.
Ways to Participate
Minding Your Own Business
Minding Your Own Business (MYOB) was created to help youth gain a better understand financial education, and the basics economics in a free enterprise system.
Angleton Market Days
In March and November of each year the City of Angleton hosts Market Days at the Brazoria County Fairgrounds. Market Days has over 170 vendors and about 3,000 shoppers; this provides a prime opportunity for young entrepreneurs to test their products. This year we will have two booth spaces so we have lots of room for each member’s items! Join the entrepreneurial project, Minding Your Own Business, to have great items to sell at Market Days. Any 4-H member can make items to sell in the booth. You don’t have to be part of MYOB to sell items. To find out more about Angleton Market Days click here.
4-H members bring your hand sewn blankets, knitted scarves, craft items, extra canned pickles, salsa, jelly, anything made by the 4-H member. Bring all those extra JCCA projects and you can sell them. Anything that does not sell will be returned to the 4-H member.
How does it work
Members can sign up to work a 3 hour shift on either Saturday or Sunday and receive 100 % of their sales OR Brazoria County 4-H will take 10% of the sale price, and the 4-H member keeps the rest if they are not able to work a shift. Please use the link below to type your inventory log. Once you have typed your log, contact the 4-H Office and we will print your barcodes. Once your barcodes are printed we will let you know to come pick them up to label your items. Please allow 10 business days for barcodes to be complete. Labeled items need to be dropped off at the 4-H booth at the fairgrounds to be displayed. Please allow time to work with the committee to help display your items in the booth.
Steps to participate
Use this link to get to an online version of the most up to date schedule and inventory log. http://bit.ly/Clover4H
1. Make your products throughout the year, for the Fall show think about Christmas gifts and decorations, for the Spring show think about gardening, Easter, and summer outdoor activities.
2. Sign up to work a 3 hour shift either Saturday or Sunday. Members that work a 3 hour shift on either Saturday or Sunday will receive 100 % of their sale. If you are unable to work a shift, Brazoria County 4-H will take 10% of the sales and the 4-H member keeps the rest. Sign-up for your shift with Cameron or visit http://bit.ly/Clover4H
3. Complete your inventory log and price each of your items with the barcodes created by the 4-H Office. http://bit.ly/Clover4H
4. Bring your labeled items to the Clover Corner Booth the Friday before Market Days, setup is from 9am-4pm, you can bring items from 4pm-7pm.
5. Wear one of your 4-H shirts when you come to work. The 4-H booth is located in the Commercial Exhibit Hall. Booth number 38 & 39 is located in first booth on your left when you enter the Commercial Hall doors located across from the concession row. Allow plenty of time to park and navigate your way to the booth. It can be very crowded at times.
6. The 4-H members will be the salesperson, selling all items in the booth. A 4-H adult will be nearby to assist if the members need help. Be sure to get “trained” by the member working the shift before you.
7. Items not sold should be picked up on Sunday at the close of Angleton Market Days at 4:01pm, we are not allowed to breakdown early or we will not be invited back. Please bring a box/wagon to take your items back to your vehicle.
8. Sales money can be picked up at the 4-H office after 1pm on the Tuesday following Market Days.