Livestock Record Keeping Guide. Here is a great guide on general information for all your livestock projects. It includes weight gains, vaccinations, and livestock care. Not sure which animal you would like to show? Check out the guide and see if you can commit to your animal project.
Upcoming Brazoria County Major Show Tag Orders & Validations
Major Show Validation Dates and Times to be Announced
This is for Brazoria County 4-H & FFA exhibiting at ANY Spring 2021 Major Shows, including Ft. Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, & Rodeo Austin
Heifers & Sheep/Goats (marketing/breeding)
- August 27, 2020 – early deadline
- October 21, 2020 – late deadline
- Only good for October validations, exact date TBD
- September 24, 2020 – early deadline
- November 3, 2020 – late deadline
- Only good for November validations, exact date TBD
About this Event
- Only heifers that have not already been validated for major shows, or that have changed ownership will be required to validate. Once validated, the heifer is eligible until the end of her show career and DOES NOT need to attend major show validation again UNLESS she changes breed or ownership
- Order what is necessary, the Extension Office does not order extra. Refunds will not be given
- All individuals ordering on behalf of themselves or their family must pay by credit card. ONLY Ag teachers ordering on behalf of their chapter may click the invoice option to pay by check.
- Ordering DOES NOT enter a participant into any show.
Major Show Information
Before you start applying for Major Shows you’ll need to complete the Quality Counts process. All major show entries must include a Quality Counts Verification Number. Members can go straight to the test or review the information in the Texas Trails tutorial. Once you make and 80% or better you will be assigned a verification number; keep this number (an option to print a certificate will be given), it will be needed to complete your major show entry forms. Each member showing needs their own verification number.
Entry deadlines and information for the state-wide project opportunities are available through the Brazoria County 4-H calendar, newsletters and information supplied to local 4-H clubs. In addition to project exhibition opportunities, many of these shows offer “calf scramble” programs that 4-H members participate in and enjoy.
Need more information about the Major Shows? Select a show to find out more details.