Better Living for Texans (BLT) is a nutrition education program for adults and children that are SNAP participants and SNAP eligible.
The BLT program helps people make healthy meals, improve their physical fitness, save money at the grocery store, grow their own foods, and adopt better food safety habits.
You can learn how to:
- choose foods that are inexpensive and good to eat
- make your food dollars last longer
- make sure you and your family get enough to eat
- use food labels to choose good foods at the grocery store
- fix meals that will keep your family healthy
- make your favorite food with less fat and sugar
- help your children learn how to eat healthy snacks they will like
- take information home to share with your family and friends (for example, you can learn about unit pricing to help stretch your food dollars, or how to read labels to make healthier meal choices, or even how to keep pests out of your pantry!)