The purpose of the Victoria County 4-H Council is to provide an opportunity for youth to develop citizenship, leadership and life skill competencies by becoming involved in county, district, state, national and international activities. The council is made up of ten elected officers and 2 delegates from each 4-H club (both community and project) in Victoria County. Meetings are held in September, November, January, March, and May on the 2nd Tuesday, beginning at 6:00 pm at the Victoria County 4-H Activity Center. The Victoria County 4-H Council strives to meet the following goals:
Youth Representing Youth
1. Youth represent youth.
2. Youth help make decisions.
3. Youth work through committees.
Council Delegates represent the interests of members:
* From 4-H clubs to County 4-H Council
* From County 4-H Council to District 4-H Council
* On joint committees with County 4-H Leaders Association
* On the 4-H and Youth Development Committee
Youth Helping Youth
1. Youth help youth.
2. Youth work together.
3. Youth make friends.
Experienced council delegates are available to:
* Train officers.
* Share program ideas and experiences.
* Explain basic 4-H ideas.
* Explain 4-H programs and events.
* Demonstrate skills and procedures in managing 4-H clubs and projects.
* Invite, welcome and encourage members.
1. Youth develop citizenship skills.
2. Youth accept responsibility.
3. Youth solve problems.
Council delegates gain knowledge and skills in:
* Democratic parliamentary procedures.
* Working cooperatively in groups.
* Personal relations with others.
* Representing the interests of others.
* Solving problems.
* Accepting responsibility.
Youth Volunteering their Services
1. Youth promote the 4-H program.
2. Youth raise funds.
3. Youth help others.
Council delegates volunteer time and effort to:
* Explain and promote the 4-H program.
* Help raise funds to support program activities.
* Conduct 4-H activities.
* Help others.
2014-2015 4-H County Council Officers
President – Seth Garrett, Westwood 4-H Club
Vice President – Lauren Garrett, Westwood 4-H Club
Secretary- Cody Bishop, Westwood 4-H Club
Treasurer- Randall Nelson, Aloe 4-H Club
District Delegate- Kelley Wood, Mission Valley 4-H Club
Alt. District Delegate- Braden Parsons, Westwood 4-H Club
Parliamentarian – John Atzenhoffer, Aloe 4-H Club
Reporter- Carlie Parsons, Westwood 4-H Club
Recreation Officer- Shelbie Van Beveren, Nursery 4-H Club
Historian – Daniel Gonzales, Inez 4-H Club
September 9, 2014
November 11, 2014
January 13, 2015
March 10, 2015
May 12, 2015
July 14, 2015
Officers are elected at the May meeting each year. If you are interested in becoming a County Council Officer please call the Extension Office for more information.