The purpose of the Victoria County 4-H Council is to provide an opportunity for youth to develop citizenship, leadership and life skill competencies by becoming involved in county, district, state, national and international activities. The council is made up of ten elected officers and 2 delegates from each 4-H club (both community and project) in Victoria County. Meetings are held in September, November, January, March, and May on the 3rd Tuesday, beginning at 5:30 pm at the Victoria County 4-H Activity Center. The Victoria County 4-H Council strives to meet the following goals:
Youth Representing Youth
1. Youth represent youth.
2. Youth help make decisions.
3. Youth work through committees.
Council Delegates represent the interests of members:
* From 4-H clubs to County 4-H Council
* From County 4-H Council to District 4-H Council
* On joint committees with County 4-H Leaders Association
* On the 4-H and Youth Development Committee
Youth Helping Youth
1. Youth help youth.
2. Youth work together.
3. Youth make friends.
Experienced council delegates are available to:
* Train officers.
* Share program ideas and experiences.
* Explain basic 4-H ideas.
* Explain 4-H programs and events.
* Demonstrate skills and procedures in managing 4-H clubs and projects.
* Invite, welcome and encourage members.
1. Youth develop citizenship skills.
2. Youth accept responsibility.
3. Youth solve problems.
Council delegates gain knowledge and skills in:
* Democratic parliamentary procedures.
* Working cooperatively in groups.
* Personal relations with others.
* Representing the interests of others.
* Solving problems.
* Accepting responsibility.
Youth Volunteering their Services
1. Youth promote the 4-H program.
2. Youth raise funds.
3. Youth help others.
Council delegates volunteer time and effort to:
* Explain and promote the 4-H program.
* Help raise funds to support program activities.
* Conduct 4-H activities.
* Help others.
2013 – 2014 4-H County Council Officers
President – Kelley Wood, Mission Valley 4-H Club
Vice President – Shelbie VanBeveren, Nursery 4-H Club
Secretary- Lauren Garrett, Westwood 4-H Club
Treasurer- Allan Parsons, Westwood 4-H Club
District Delegate- Seth Garrett, Westwood 4-H Club
Alt. District Delegate- Cody Bishop, Westwood 4-H Club
Parliamentarian – Braden Parsons, Westwood 4-H Club
Reporter- John Atzenhoffer, Aloe 4-H Club
Recreation Officer- Leah Bishop, Westwood 4-H Club
September 17, 2013
November 19, 2013
January 21, 2014
March 18, 2014
May 20, 2014
July 15, 2014
Officers are elected at the May meeting each year. If you are interested in becoming a County Council Officer please call the Extension Office for more information.