Adult Leaders’ Association

The County 4-H Parent/Leaders’ Association is composed of volunteer 4-H leaders who meet and work together to improve and enhance opportunities available to 4-H members. These volunteer leaders:

* Are dedicated to the well-being and development of youth.
* Assume direct responsibilities in working with youth.
* Believe in a helping relationship between youth and adults.
* Seek to improve their own abilities in working with youth.

Any interested volunteer 4-H leader may belong to the association. All 4-H leaders within the county are invited to association meetings. Meetings are held in September, November, January, March, May, and July on the 2nd Tuesday, beginning at 6:00 pm at the Victoria County 4-H Activity Center.

The County 4-H Adult Leaders’ Association serves volunteer 4-H leaders. Leaders exchange ideas, discuss mutual concerns and help each other. Association meetings provide leaders with information about 4-H and working with youth. It is a time of learning, sharing and fellowship.

The County 4-H Adult Leaders’ Association develops and supports volunteer 4-H leaders in their roles with 4-H clubs, members and activities. The association recognizes three important ideas:

* The primary business of 4-H is the needs of youth.
* Volunteer 4-H leaders play a key role in the system of helping 4-H youth.
* Adults who volunteer their time and talents to work with the 4-H program warrant the encouragement and support of an organized group of peers.

2015-2016 Adult Leaders’ Association Officers

President – Mike Wuensche, Kelly Creek  4-H Club

Vice President – Jackie Parsons, Mission Valley 4-H Club

Secretary – Heidi Easley, Aloe 4-H Club

Treasurer – Stacy Nunez, Inez 4-H Club


Meeting Dates (tentative):

September 8, 2015

November 10, 2015

January 12, 2016

March 8, 2016

May 10, 2016

July 12, 2016

Officers are elected at the May meeting each year. If you are interested in becoming an officer for the Adult Leaders’ Association please call the Extension Office for more information.

Comments are closed.