For information regarding 4-H Livestock programs contact Fred M. Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Validation Schedule
Livestock validations will be conducted during the month of June.
State Fair Lamb & Goats
State Fair Swine
Each student, parent and AST will need to sign the Ethics policy. Also, registration papers will be required for heifers. Please remember that the registration paper must show the student’s name as the owner (with no other names listed – no partnerships).
We are very grateful to the chapters who have volunteered to host the June validations this year. This will enable us to have a validation on the north side and the south side of the county. Please confirm by return email which location you plan to attend.
Thursday, June 9
Ron Whitson Ag Center, Mansfield ISD
Thursday, June 23
Grapevine Colleyville Ag Barn
Please contact Fred M. Hall if you have any questions regarding the Validation process.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY AS THERE ARE TWO SETS OF DIRECTIONS BASED ON IF YOU ARE VALIDATING A NEW HORSE FOR 2016 OR REACTIVATING A HORSE THAT WAS ENTERED LAST YEAR INTO 4-H CONNECT
For those entering a new horse into 4-H Connect, before you begin your validation process you must:
- Have a family & youth member profile established on 4-H Connect
- Be a paid and ACTIVE youth member of Texas 4-H for the 2015-2016 year.
- For any horse which was NOT validated in 4-H Connect last year, have digital photos of your horse (s) from the front, left side, and right side. These photos must be accessible for upload during the validation process.
- For any registered horse that was NOT validated last year you will need to have a pdf copy of your horse (s) registration papers for upload.
Reactivation of previous horses
- To reactivate horses from previous years when you are in the animal screen you will select the horses you wish to reactivate for this year by clicking on the box beside the horse name. Once the correct ones are selected, click the “ACTIVATE ANIMAL (S) button. Please read the instructions below for complete information on activating.
Horse validation is completed for EACH HORSE and will cover all 4-H youth members in that family profile. However, when validating your horses on 4-H Connect, you will select ONLY ONE 4-H youth member to conduct the validation under. Once a horse is validated, validation paid, and you begin registering for district horse show, the validated horse(s) can be moved to the appropriate 4-H member (s) that will be exhibiting the horse in the show.
HORSE VALIDATION PERIOD IS: March 1, 2016 to April 15, 2016 price is $10.00 per horse-April 16, 206 to May 1, 2016 price is $20.00 per horse. Validation and payment is required of ALL horses regardless if they were entered this year or last.
Please contact Fred M. Hall for questions regarding the validation process at email@example.com
East Region 4-H Horse Show
The East Region (District 4 & 5) Horse Show will take place on June 13-15, 2016 at the Henderson County Fair Park Complex in Athens, Texas.
Monday Check-in 3:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday Check-in 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday Check-in 7:30 a.m. to noon
If participants are planning on arriving late on Monday or Tuesday, please contact one of the designated show officials no later than June 10 to make arrangements for stalls to be unlocked.
Email questions to AG/NR agent Fred M. Hall at Fmhall@ag.tamu.edu
Animal Project Registration
It is time to send in your livestock project sheets to the 4-H office. Livestock Project Sheets must be renewed each year along with re-enrolling for the new 4-H year. For new members the form is due when you enroll in 4-H and get a project.
- Quality County Verification Information – If you plan to participate in any of the majors (Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, State Fair of Texas or Star of Texas) you are required to complete the mandated Quality Counts Verification. Once you take the test and pass for your age division you will not have to take the test again, unless you are a junior member, you will then be required to take the senior level test when you reach the appropriate grade level.
- For Livestock Exhibitors Only – To Practice and Take the Test Click Here. Please Select 4-H/FFA option to assist if you ever participate in one of the two programs.
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.