Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show
It is time to prepare for the 2017 Tarrant County Jr. Livestock Show. Entry is made on an Universal entry form that includes livestock, Youth Fair and Rabbits.
Please note that there are multiple dates of importance in early to mid-January for the upcoming TCJLS. January deadlines include: Entry submissions (may be earlier to club manager), TAGSCO scholarship applications, etc. Please refer to the current rule book or contact TCJLA for additional details. 4-H Members must consult their club managers on when their due date is for them to turn in their entries . All online entry is done by the club manager.
Please remember that ALL 4-H youth entering TCJLS must be enrolled in 4-H Connect and have “active” status. If you cannot remember whether or not you have enrolled, please log-in and check your status.
The Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show and Youth Fair date is March 2-3-4, 2017. Please note that any Code of Conduct Form or Ethics Form missing one signature or the name of appropriate 4-H Club or FFA Chapter will be invalid and the exhibitor will be considered ineligible to participate in the 2017 Tarrant County Junior Livestock.
New Universal Entry Form (Livestock, Youth Fair and Rabbits) Code of Conduct, Ethics Form and Recipe Form
This information is available on the TCJLS website at : http://tcjls.weebly.com/
The Tarrant County Jr. Livestock Show Rule Book will be online within 48 hours as well as sponsorship information at http://tcjls.weebly.com/ .
Code of Conduct and Ethics Forms and Scholarship Info will be posted as well on the TCJLS website
County Tag in was Saturday, December 10
Location and Times
8-11 am at the Boswell/Saginaw/Chisholm Trail Ag Barn
1 – 3 pm at the Crowley FFA Barn
Only market animals and horticulture projects will be tagged
Cost: $2 per tag per animal and $1 per tag per plant
Cash only – No Checks
Tag in form is located on our website at http://tcjls.weebly.com/
Online entry deadline for 4-H Club Managers and Ag Advisors for the Tarrant County Jr. Livestock Show is January 14, 2017 (must be postmarked with the Jan 14 date or an earlier date).
This deadline is only good for Club Managers and Ag Advisors (all 4-H members need to check with their club manager to find out what their due date for members to turn their entries in to them is).
Each 4-H Club and FFA Chapter will have their own entry deadline that they provide to their members.
Market Rabbit Validation is at Arlington Heights High School NOT the Ag Barn on February 1, 2017 in Room 409 (Portables) located at the back of the school. Address is 4501 West Freeway, Fort Worth (I30) Time: 5 – 7 pm
January 31 is the deadline for ALL Ads in the Buyers Sale Catalog – info will be available on website
Contact Michele Lee regarding Belt Buckle sponsorships – email@example.com
For all other questions please contact Darla Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Non-Animal Contests at Stock Shows
In the past 2-3 years, some stock shows and fairs have added a variety of non-animal contests. This has generated a lot of questions, so below is some general information:
- Each stock show is a separate entity that sets its own rules and guidelines. Contest opportunities vary according to each specific show.
- If a member is interested in participating in any stock show event (animal or non-animal), his/her family needs to locate the rules and guidelines for each specific show of interest.
A. Then, the family needs to determine whether the contest is “open” or “youth”.
B. If it is “open” and does not require an Extension Agent signature, the families usually enter the show directly.
- If it is “Youth Division” or requires an Extension Agent signature, then the family needs to bring the contest information, registration form, and additional requirement (i.e. copy of speech, ID, fee, etc.) to the County Extension office on the “Stock Show Entry Day”.
- The Extension office “Stock Show Entry Day” events are a few weeks prior to any stated deadlines in the show handbook. This is because we need to collect all the registration for the county, sort, enter, make fee deposits, request a single check for the total to send to the show, and mail in time to meet all the show deadlines.
Animal Project Registration
It is time to send in your livestock project sheets to the 4-H office. Livestock Project Sheets must be renewed each year along with re-enrolling for the new 4-H year. For new members the form is due when you enroll in 4-H and get a project.
- Quality County Verification Information – If you plan to participate in any of the majors (Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, State Fair of Texas or Star of Texas) you are required to complete the mandated Quality Counts Verification. Once you take the test and pass for your age division you will not have to take the test again, unless you are a junior member, you will then be required to take the senior level test when you reach the appropriate grade level.
- For Livestock Exhibitors Only – To Practice and Take the Test Click Here. Please Select 4-H/FFA option to assist if you ever participate in one of the two programs.
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.