Fall Livestock Dates
Please Save the Dates:
The fall physical validations for livestock (tag & EIN orders placed in September) will be on October 27 (at Grapevine/Colleyville) and October 28 (at Crowley) and on November 16th there will be a validation for Swine only at Grapevine Colleyville FFA
Attached is the Ethics Policy for all students (Swine has separate Ethics form) and the species-specific Parental Waiver forms. It is recommended that parents sign a waiver form in advance (in case an unexpected emergency arises). AST/CEA will also need to sign each ethics policy in advance.
Each student/member needs to bring the following:
- Ethics policy with signatures of student, parent, and AST or CEA
- Parental Waiver form with parent signature
- Heifer owners must bring their original registration papers (listing the student as the sole owner) (Original registration papers need to be scanned in color into a pdf document in advance and on file in the 4-H office, but we still need to see the hard copy at validation please.)
- Ball point ink pen (multiple carbon-copy forms will be completed on site by students/teachers/parents)
Tuesday, October 27
Grapevine/Colleyville FFA Barn
3223 Mustang Dr.
3:30 – 6:30 pm
Wednesday, October 28
Crowley FFA Barn
1800 Cleburne Crowley Rd.
3:30 – 6:30 pm
Monday, November 16th-Swine Only
Grapevine Colleyville FFA Barn
3223 Mustang Dr.
Major Livestock Show Entry Day
For those of you who are interested in showing in the following livestock shows there will be a livestock show entry day held at our office on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 from 2 pm until 7 pm at the Tarrant County Extension office. Parking is not validated for this event. Please make this day a priority if you plan to participate in these shows. If there is no way you can come that day, please make arrangements with someone else to come and turn your needed paperwork and funds in prior to the official entry day.
Fort Worth Livestock Show-January 15-February 6, 2016 3401 W Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth, Texas 76107
San Antonio Livestock Show-February 11-February 28, 2016 23 AT&T Center Parkway, San Antonio, Texas 78219
Houston Livestock Show-March 1-March 20, 2016 8334 Fannin St., Houston, Texas 77054
San Angelo Livestock Show-February 5-February 21, 2016 200 W. 43rd St., San Angelo, Texas 76903
STAR of Texas Livestock Show-March 12-March 26, 2016 9100 Decker Lake Road, Austin, Texas 78724
Email questions to the new agriculture agent Fred M. Hall at Fmhall@ag.tamu.edu
What you need to bring on Entry Day:
- All exhibitors must bring their social security number with them.
- Quality Counts certification number
- Checks or money orders are preferred, make payable to ELEC. If paying with cash, bring exact amount, we are not able to make change.
- Bring original registration papers for all breeding animals and a copy that you can leave with the Extension office. (Exception-heifer paperwork copy is not needed, we will just verify again.)
Each show has a website with all their entry information listed. Be sure you are familiar with all rules and dates for each show you want to enter. You can download forms at home and have them filled out before you come, this will speed up the process (this is highly recommended).
If you are participating in the open show feel free to enter those events and pay for them separately.
If you miss or cannot make it to entry day, the process is as follows:
- All paperwork must be completely filled out with signatures of exhibitor and parent, animal information and all registration fees/passes marked; (still leave a copy of animal paperwork)
- Please drop off your packet to the Extension office receptionist desk prior to the official entry day, you will be provided a receipt and your entry will be taken care of
- There is no need to make an appointment, our office hours are 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Incomplete packets will not be entered.
Please do not leave your entry with anyone other than Texas A&M AgriLife Extension –Tarrant County personnel.
The deadline to drop off paperwork in Tarrant County for all shows is prior to the official major show entry date.
- 2016 Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo
- 2016 San Antonio Livestock Exposition
- 2016 San Angelo Livestock Show
- 2016 Houston Livestock Show
- 2016 Rodeo Austin
Academic Eligibility Forms for the Fall Livestock Shows
Animal Project Registration
It is time to send in your livestock project sheets to the 4-H office. Livestock Project Sheets must be renewed each year along with re-enrolling for the new 4-H year. For new members the form is due when you enroll in 4-H and get a project.
- Quality County Verification Information – If you plan to participate in any of the majors (Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, State Fair of Texas or Star of Texas) you are required to complete the mandated Quality Counts Verification. Once you take the test and pass for your age division you will not have to take the test again, unless you are a junior member, you will then be required to take the senior level test when you reach the appropriate grade level.
- For Livestock Exhibitors Only – To Practice and Take the Test Click Here. Please Select 4-H/FFA option to assist if you ever participate in one of the two programs.
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.