Spring Validation Tag Orders
Attention All 4-H Members Who Are Considering Show a Steer or Heifer a Major Show Or Sheep, Goat Or Swine At State Fair
- If you are considering showing a steer at a major show, it is time to order your tags.
- If you are planning to show a breeding heifer it is time to order your UIN.
- If you are planning to show a market lamb, market goat or market swine at the State Fair, it is time to order your tags.
- The deadline for tag orders is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15. No late orders will be accepted.
- An order is complete only if it has a completed form and a check or money order for the correct amount accompanying it. No phone, fax, email or test orders will be accepted.
- Each market animal tag will cost $15. Payment will need to be made out to ELEC. Late tag orders received after 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15, will be accepted until Tuesday, May 31 and will cost $30 each.
- Order form is attached and is also available on-line at: http://agrilife.org/urbantarrant4h/livestock-news/
- Late lamb and goat tag deadline is June 1 and they will cost $30.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
Breeding Heifer Information
- Orders for 2016 fall major breeding heifer UINs must be in the Extension office by May 6. Heifer ownership deadline is June 30, 2016.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY AS THERE ARE TWO SETS OF DIRECTIONS BASED ON IF YOU ARE VALIDATING A NEW HORSE FOR 2016 OR REACTIVATING A HORSE THAT WAS ENTERED LAST YEAR INTO 4-H CONNECT
For those entering a new horse into 4-H Connect, before you begin your validation process you must:
- Have a family & youth member profile established on 4-H Connect
- Be a paid and ACTIVE youth member of Texas 4-H for the 2015-2016 year.
- For any horse which was NOT validated in 4-H Connect last year, have digital photos of your horse (s) from the front, left side, and right side. These photos must be accessible for upload during the validation process.
- For any registered horse that was NOT validated last year you will need to have a pdf copy of your horse (s) registration papers for upload.
Reactivation of previous horses
- To reactivate horses from previous years when you are in the animal screen you will select the horses you wish to reactivate for this year by clicking on the box beside the horse name. Once the correct ones are selected, click the “ACTIVATE ANIMAL (S) button. Please read the instructions below for complete information on activating.
Horse validation is completed for EACH HORSE and will cover all 4-H youth members in that family profile. However, when validating your horses on 4-H Connect, you will select ONLY ONE 4-H youth member to conduct the validation under. Once a horse is validated, validation paid, and you begin registering for district horse show, the validated horse(s) can be moved to the appropriate 4-H member (s) that will be exhibiting the horse in the show.
HORSE VALIDATION PERIOD IS: March 1, 2016 to April 15, 2016 price is $10.00 per horse-April 16, 206 to May 1, 2016 price is $20.00 per horse. Validation and payment is required of ALL horses regardless if they were entered this year or last.
Please contact Fred M. Hall for questions regarding the validation process at firstname.lastname@example.org
East Region 4-H Horse Show
Email questions to the new agriculture agent Fred M. Hall at Fmhall@ag.tamu.edu
Animal Project Registration
It is time to send in your livestock project sheets to the 4-H office. Livestock Project Sheets must be renewed each year along with re-enrolling for the new 4-H year. For new members the form is due when you enroll in 4-H and get a project.
- Quality County Verification Information – If you plan to participate in any of the majors (Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, State Fair of Texas or Star of Texas) you are required to complete the mandated Quality Counts Verification. Once you take the test and pass for your age division you will not have to take the test again, unless you are a junior member, you will then be required to take the senior level test when you reach the appropriate grade level.
- For Livestock Exhibitors Only – To Practice and Take the Test Click Here. Please Select 4-H/FFA option to assist if you ever participate in one of the two programs.
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.